[comp.sys.cbm] Any Anonymous FTP Sites for C-64/128???

UD069225@NDSUVM1.BITNET (Eric H. Romo) (08/09/89)

Are there any anonymous ftp sites for c-64/128 archives of public domain
or shareware programs? Please let me know by e-mail to:
Eric Romo, UD069225 at VM1.NODAK.EDU

Thanks muchly. Eric.

pjl@ms.uky.edu (Paul Linton) (08/10/89)

Ok, would there be a great response if I were to set up an ftp
site strickly for the 64/128 family?  Maybe to put frequently
asked for programs (kermit, desterm, *term, whatever) plus maybe
digests of frequently asked questions ("I was thinking about getting
a C compiler, which one is best?")  ?

Please let me know what you think as far as actual need, what should go
there, or anything else you care you tell me.

Paul
--
Paul Linton      UKCC Consultant.                University of Kentucky.
...!ukma!pjl                Lexington, Kentucky.

pwong@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Patrick Wong) (08/10/89)

In article <12388@s.ms.uky.edu> pjl@ms.uky.edu (Paul Linton) writes:
>Ok, would there be a great response if I were to set up an ftp
>site strickly for the 64/128 family?  Maybe to put frequently
>asked for programs (kermit, desterm, *term, whatever) plus maybe
>digests of frequently asked questions ("I was thinking about getting
>a C compiler, which one is best?")  ?
>
>Please let me know what you think as far as actual need, what should go
>there, or anything else you care you tell me.
>
>Paul
>--
>Paul Linton      UKCC Consultant.                University of Kentucky.
>...!ukma!pjl                Lexington, Kentucky.
>pjl@ms.uky.edu, pjl@ukma.bitnet  or (different machine) cn0001pl@ukcc
>Different all twisty a of in maze are you, passages little.

It would be great if you could set up a ftp site just for  64/128.
Personally I would like to see the following in the site:

1. a directory like /pub/term where the terminal programs can be
   found.

2. a dir. like /pub/util where utility programs like LYNX, ARC,
   LADS, etc can be found.

3. a section where a digest of frequently asked questions on
   HARDWARE can be found e.g., "Can my BI-80 do...", "What
   disk drive is good for...",  "Where can I get a RS232
   interface "

4. a section where a digest of frequently asked questions on
    SOFTWARE can be found e.g., "How can I make KERMIT do..."
    "Can I use WTERMITE to...",  "What can I do with the
     xxx menu in GEOS"

Just a bunch of un-organised thoughts !  /:-)
Patrick Wong
pcw@squid.tn.cornell.edu

scott@max.acs.washington.edu (08/11/89)

In article <12388@s.ms.uky.edu>, pjl@ms.uky.edu (Paul Linton) writes:
> Ok, would there be a great response if I were to set up an ftp
> site strickly for the 64/128 family?  Maybe to put frequently
> asked for programs (kermit, desterm, *term, whatever) plus maybe
> digests of frequently asked questions ("I was thinking about getting
> a C compiler, which one is best?")  ?
>
> Please let me know what you think as far as actual need, what should go
> there, or anything else you care you tell me.
>
> Paul

Yes, there would be! And I, for one would be one of those people.
It would be a great idea to have places were we can share PD softwares
from all over the country and world. Some softwares released in the
East never shows up on the West (or takes very long).  :(

Scott.

In article <2687UD069225@NDSUVM1>, UD069225@NDSUVM1.BITNET (Eric H. Romo) writes:
> Are there any anonymous ftp sites for c-64/128 archives of public domain
> or shareware programs? Please let me know by e-mail to:
> Eric Romo, UD069225 at VM1.NODAK.EDU
>
> Thanks muchly. Eric.

How about posting them to the net also, so that everyone can
benefit? Thanks

Scott.

jgreco@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Joe Greco) (08/12/89)

In comp.sys.cbm article <5535@max.acs.washington.edu>, scott@max.acs.washington.edu wrote:
]In article <2687UD069225@NDSUVM1>, UD069225@NDSUVM1.BITNET (Eric H. Romo) writes:
]> Are there any anonymous ftp sites for c-64/128 archives of public domain
]> or shareware programs? Please let me know by e-mail to:
]> Eric Romo, UD069225 at VM1.NODAK.EDU
]>
]> Thanks muchly. Eric.
]
]How about posting them to the net also, so that everyone can
]benefit? Thanks
]
]Scott.
]

Try "tolsun.oulu.fi"  ... a machine across the seas  :-)

My nameserver doesn't recognize it, so you might try "ftp 128.214.5.6"
 ... seems to be an unusually busy site, so you may have connection problems.

.							...Joe
--
jgreco@csd4.milw.wisc.edu		Joe Greco at FidoNet 1:154/200
USnail: 9905 W Montana Ave			     PunterNet Node 30 or 31

simon@ms.uky.edu (G. Simon Gales) (08/16/89)

how about sections for:
	(5) 128 mode specific stuff, 80-column stuff, etc.
	(6) c128 cp/m mode stuff - programs for cp/m 3.0 (plus) that are specific
										to the c128.

--
Simon Gales@The University of Kentucky
   simon@ms.uky.edu             | 'Fate... protects fools, little children,

acliu@skat.usc.edu (Alejandro Liu) (08/16/89)

In article <12419@s.ms.uky.edu> simon@ms.uky.edu (G. Simon Gales) writes:
>how about sections for:
>   (6) c128 cp/m mode stuff - programs for cp/m 3.0 (plus) that are specific

The simtel archives in their CPM directory has some C64/C128 specific
stuff under their own directory.  I saw some programs to use the SID
chip and other Commdore specific hardware in CpM mode.

                    acliu@skat.usc.edu (Alejandro Liu)
(Simple .signature, $CHEAP$)