[comp.sys.cbm] VIC-20 Joystick location needed

johnl@tw-rnd.SanDiego.NCR.COM (John Lindwall) (09/06/89)

Can someone send me the memory location to peek to read joystick input on the
VIC-20.  I have built a rapid-fire joystick adaptor and would like to test it
on the VIC.  I can give the schematic out if you like (it is in Amiga IFF
format).  Specifically I need to detect the fire button signal.  Thanks!

John Lindwall                            johnl@tw-rnd.SanDiego.NCR.COM
           "Above opinions are my own, not my employer's"
   Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

atk@clinet.FI (Anssi Kettunen) (09/08/89)

In article <503@tw-rnd.SanDiego.NCR.COM> johnl@tw-rnd.SanDiego.NCR.COM (John Lindwall) writes:
>Can someone send me the memory location to peek to read joystick input on the
>VIC-20.  I have built a rapid-fire joystick adaptor and would like to test it

  The joystick is located in first 6522 port A which address is $9111,
and the bits(0-7) you need are:
2 - joy0
3 - joy1
4 - joy2
5 - joyfire
The joy4 comes from second 6522 port B in address $9120 bit 7.
Don't ask which joyX is which direction..  Hmm, if the port A address
doesn't work try $911F since my document is seven years old and a little
bit worn..  :-(
---
 Anssi T. Kettunen    Tel. +358 0 353127     UUCP: ...mcvax!santra!clinet!atk
 Terhotie 4  00780 Helsinki  Finland      Fidonet: Anssi_Kettunen@2:504/8   D
 "Privileged programs should NOT be      Internet: atk@clinet.fi           is
  interrupted by unprivileged users."      A-VAXI: atk             claimer..?