[comp.sys.cbm] Prototype Boards for C64 Expansion Port

jgreco@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Joe Greco) (09/13/89)

Hello....

Does anybody have a source for prototyping boards that fit the C64 Expansion
Port?  The local supplier I used to get them from can no longer obtain them.
The unusual 22/44 pin port with the unusual spacing makes them a little
difficult to find.

I need something reasonably large, large enough to hold a few good size
chips.  I don't want to try "making" one.... a lot of work.

Thanks much....

								-Joe

--
jgreco@csd4.milw.wisc.edu		Joe Greco at FidoNet 1:154/200
USnail: 9905 W Montana Ave			     PunterNet Node 30 or 31

Geoffrey.Welsh@p0.f171.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Geoffrey Welsh) (09/13/89)

 > From: jgreco@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Joe Greco)

 > Does anybody have a source for prototyping boards that fit the C64
 > Expansion
 > Port?  The local supplier I used to get them from can no longer obtain
 > them.
 > The unusual 22/44 pin port with the unusual spacing makes them a little
 > difficult to find.
 >
 > I need something reasonably large, large enough to hold a few good size
 > chips.  I don't want to try "making" one.... a lot of work.

   The only one I know of is Vector part # 3795.

--
Geoffrey Welsh - via FidoNet node 1:221/171
UUCP: {{uunet!}watmath!xenitec!}zswamp!171.0!Geoffrey.Welsh

bowen@mira.cs.Buffalo.EDU (Devon Bowen) (09/14/89)

In article <39@uwm.edu>, jgreco@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Joe Greco) writes:
> Does anybody have a source for prototyping boards that fit the C64 Expansion
> Port?  The local supplier I used to get them from can no longer obtain them.
> The unusual 22/44 pin port with the unusual spacing makes them a little
> difficult to find.

I just grab a 72 pin board from Radio Shack and cut the extra off with a
knife. The spacing is the same. It's looks ugly, but it's pretty easy,
easy to find and sufficient for a prototype.

Devon

prindle@NADC.ARPA (Frank Prindle) (09/15/89)

Radio shack sells one prototype board which is about 5" by 6" and has more
edge contacts than required (i.e. >22 contact double sided). It has solder
pads at each of zillions of 0.1" holes, plus pads for the edge contacts.
5 minutes with a hacksaw and a file makes it into any shape C64 expansion port
board you want, including one which will fit into a standard cartridge case.
I don't have the R.S. number, but it is the only board they sell with 0.1"
edge connector fingers, so it shouldn't be too hard to spot.  I assume R.S.
has the same product line in Canadian stores.  The board is not epoxy-glass
and the edge contacts are not gold plated, but then again, it only costs $5.
Sincerely,
Frank Prindle
Prindle@NADC.arpa