[comp.sys.cbm] Summary of Prototype Expansion Board Replies

jgreco@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Joe Greco) (09/23/89)

A few weeks ago, I had posted a message asking about prototype boards
for the C64.  Several people expressed an interest in this
information, so following is a summary of the replies I received.
Personally, I like the Radio Shack solution best....

>From: jgreco@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Joe Greco)
>Subject: Prototype boards for C64 Expansion Port

Hello....

Does anybody have a source for prototyping boards that fit the C64 Expansion
Port?  The local supplier I used to get them from can no longer obtain them.
The unusual 22/44 pin port with the unusual spacing makes them a little
difficult to find.

I need something reasonably large, large enough to hold a few good size
chips.  I don't want to try "making" one.... a lot of work.

Thanks much....

								-Joe

>From: Geoffrey.Welsh@p0.f171.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Geoffrey Welsh)

   The only one I know of is Vector part # 3795.

>From: John DeGood <degood@hpavla.hp.com>

Try the following:

CODE B9625 C64, C128 Experimentor PCB $9.95

"Double sided PCB with expansion and user-port connections, 22x25 grid
spaced 2.54 mm.  Compatible Computers: C64, C128, C128D."

From:	Delta Computing Technologies Corp.
	292 N. Plank Rd.
	Newburgh, NY 12550
	1-800-227-4051 (Visa/MasterCard)

I have not bought this product; I just have their catalog.

>From: gansler@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Michael T Gansler)

 	You know as well as I that Jameco has them
 for about $8.  I don't know their address but their always in
 Radio Electronics among others.

>From: prindle@NADC.ARPA (Frank Prindle)

Radio shack sells one prototype board which is about 5" by 6" and has more
edge contacts than required (i.e. >22 contact double sided). It has solder
pads at each of zillions of 0.1" holes, plus pads for the edge contacts.
5 minutes with a hacksaw and a file makes it into any shape C64 expansion port
board you want, including one which will fit into a standard cartridge case.
I don't have the R.S. number, but it is the only board they sell with 0.1"
edge connector fingers, so it shouldn't be too hard to spot.  I assume R.S.
has the same product line in Canadian stores.  The board is not epoxy-glass
and the edge contacts are not gold plated, but then again, it only costs $5.

--
jgreco@csd4.milw.wisc.edu		Joe Greco at FidoNet 1:154/200
USnail: 9905 W Montana Ave			     PunterNet Node 30 or 31