[comp.sys.cbm] DesTerm with a RAMdisk

simon@ms.uky.edu (G. Simon Gales) (09/14/89)

Has anyone gotten DesTerm to work with a RAMdisk?  My 128 locks up
when I run DesTerm with a RAMdisk present?

If you got it to work, could you please:
	(1) Tell me which RAMdisk/version you used
	(2) settings (interface page?) used
	(3) send me a copy  (please!)

Many advanced thanks,
	simon.

--
Simon Gales@The University of Kentucky
   simon@ms.uky.edu             | 'Fate... protects fools, little children,

matt@f178.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Matthew Desmond) (09/16/89)

Hi Simon:

 > Has anyone gotten DesTerm to work with a RAMdisk?  My 128
 > locks up
 > when I run DesTerm with a RAMdisk present?
 >
 > If you got it to work, could you please:
 >         (1) Tell me which RAMdisk/version you used
 >         (2) settings (interface page?) used
 >         (3) send me a copy  (please!)
 >
 > Many advanced thanks,

Yes, I have got DesTerm to work with a ramdisk -- I wrote DesTerm after
all.  The interface page depends on which version you are using.  If
you are using V1.02, you should simply use the RAMDOS program (supplied)
as a loader.  If you are not using V1.02 then you should modify the
loader program for ramdos so that:

The interface is page (14 -- but try any from 11-17 and 27) and the
GRAPHIC 1,0 statement is TAKEN OUT.  DesTerm needs to run at $1C01
-- the graphic statement moves basic up...

  Most versions should work -- some work better than others -- I have

no specific recommendations.

  Matt.

--
Matthew Desmond - via FidoNet node 1:221/171
UUCP: {{uunet!}watmath!xenitec!}zswamp!178!matt

emjay@dasys1.UUCP (Michael J. Lavery) (09/24/89)

In article <886.251236A3@zswamp.fidonet.org> matt@f178.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Matthew Desmond) writes:

> > Has anyone gotten DesTerm to work with a RAMdisk?  My 128
> > locks up
>
>you should simply use the RAMDOS program (supplied)
>as a loader.
>Most versions should work -- some work better than others

Using the supplied RAMDOS program, I use Version 4.4, which I believe
is the most recent version.  I have had no problems with the RAMDISK,
as such, except I cannot get the copy files option to work for any
type of file from the RAMDISK.  At best, it copies the first bytes and
stops there and only the first file.  Using RE-USE and FILECOPY.BAS, I
then transfer from RAMDISK to a floppy.

As an added note, you indicate that the problem that the RAMDISK has
with SEQ files is a problem with the RAMDISK, but Fred Bowen's version
of VT100-128 seems to have no problem with transfer of SEQ files.  I
note that WRITE STUFF 128, both V1 and V2 share a similar problem -
though you can save SEQ files to the RAMDISK, the WS128 program cannot
re-load them back in.

Michael J. Lavery, Esq.       "As private parts to the Gods,
CIS:  70416,1110              are we, they play with us for
GEnie:  EMJAY                 their sport."
QLINK:  EMJAY or PIP                       Lord Melchett
..!cml2!hombre!dasys1!emjay                Black Adder II
{rutgers,harvard}!cmcl2!dasys1!emjay
INTERNET:  dasys1!emjay@cmcl2.nyu.edu            :-?
GayCom:  1/0 (THE BACKROOM) - GAY LAW

--