[comp.sys.cbm] MPS-1200 Conversion to Centronics

acliu@skat.usc.edu (Alejandro Liu) (10/02/89)

<Why do some people put Line-Eater lines>

According to the documentation of the MPS1200 printer (made by your
friendly Commodore) you can buy some controller card that would
convert your MPS1200 in a standard centronics printer.  Is this
interface available?  If so, where can I get one?  And if it is not
would it be easier to build or should I just get a new printer?

Alejandro Liu
acliu%skat@usc.edu	acliu@skat.usc.edu
(Simple .signature, $CHEAP$)

givler@cbmvax.UUCP (Greg Givler - QA) (10/02/89)

In article <20251@usc.edu> acliu@skat.usc.edu (Alejandro Liu) writes:
><Why do some people put Line-Eater lines>
>
>According to the documentation of the MPS1200 printer (made by your
>friendly Commodore) you can buy some controller card that would
>convert your MPS1200 in a standard centronics printer.  Is this
>interface available?  If so, where can I get one?  And if it is not
>would it be easier to build or should I just get a new printer?
>

>Alejandro Liu
>acliu%skat@usc.edu	acliu@skat.usc.edu
>(Simple .signature, $CHEAP$)

That interface is available from Commodore for around $44.00 You can give
them a call at 215-436-4200 or write to them at:

Commodore Business Machines
Att: Customer Support
1200 Wilson Drive
West Chester, PA 19380

Greg

Greg Givler                        Q-Link: GregGivler
QA Analyst                         CompuServe: Greg Givler 76702,647
Commodore QA (Software)            GEnie: G.Givler
215-431-9100                       INTERNET: givler@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com
"Life is pain, Highness, anyone who says differently is selling something"
 - The Dread Pirate Roberts -- The Princess Bride