[comp.sys.cbm] Scheme/Kermit/VT-100 for 128

bwildasi@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (Ben Wildasin) (10/25/89)

 I am in the market for a Commodore version of Scheme. It should fully support
80 columns and Fast mode. Preferably, it should run under either GEOS 128 or
standard Commodore DOS, but CP/M is OK as well. If there isn't yet a version
of Scheme out there, I could get by with standard LISP. Any suggestions? By the
way, if it's public domain, where can I download it?
 I'm also looking for an 80-column terminal program that offers Kermit and/or
good VT-100 emulation (yes, I do have DesTerm 1.00). My criterion for emulation
is one that performs flawlessly with EMACS.

Thanks in advance,
Ben Wildasin

Ben Wildasin * Mail: bwildasi@silver.bacs.indiana.edu * Phone: (812) 332-0245
"Since there was once water on Mars, probably there is enough oxygen there to
support human life." --Dan Quayle

dyson@ostrich.cis.ohio-state.edu (mark l dyson) (10/25/89)

In article <28377@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> bwildasi@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (Ben Wildasin) writes:
> I'm also looking for an 80-column terminal program that offers Kermit and/or
>good VT-100 emulation (yes, I do have DesTerm 1.00). My criterion for
>emulation is one that performs flawlessly with EMACS.

I acquired a c-128 80-column VT-100 emulator from Q-link.  It's called
vt100.128.  It is a v2.1 upgrade of the old one packaged with 1670 modems,
fixing a few bugs (the upgrade was done by F. Bowen) which works very well.
I use it with Shell, Emacs, and numerous other applications, and haven't had
any problems (6-month period).  Distribution is public domain.

-Mark-

bas@wuibc.UUCP (Barry Siegfried) (10/26/89)

In article <28377@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu>, bwildasi@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (Ben Wildasin) writes:
>  I'm also looking for an 80-column terminal program that offers Kermit and/or
> good VT-100 emulation (yes, I do have DesTerm 1.00). My criterion for emulation
> is one that performs flawlessly with EMACS.

C-64/128 Kermit, version 2.2, is available by anonymous ftp from
maxwell.physics.purdue.edu, IP
host number 128.46.135.3.  Kermit is also available by anonymous ftp from
watsun.cc.columbia.edu (128.59.39.2), but it may be an earlier version.
Kermit is an 80-column terminal program that (obviously) offers Kermit and, in
my opinion, gives good VT-100 emulation, but I haven't tried it with EMACS.