[comp.sys.cbm] VT-100 Emulaters for the C64.

stokes@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Perry Stokes) (10/25/89)

....I am wondering what the best vt100 term for the c64 is.  So far I have only
2 of them, Terminal-1 which is OK but has akward vt100 emulation which does not
seem to work with emacs.  I also have Kermit 64 which is pretty nice, has 80
columns, and works with emacs well but the problems I keep running into are its
lack of buffer and an annoying problem where the texts gets garbled if I dont
pause it every few seconds to catch up.

...I'd like to find a vt100 emulater that provides:

   o   80 columns
   o   A capture buffer
   o   no input buffering problems as described
   o   GOOD vt100 emulation that will work with Emacs

...If anyone out there has such a terminal, and wouldnt mind distributing it,
please let me know here or in Email...

Thanks in advance,
Perry Stokes  -   stokes@vondrake.cc.utexas.edu   (512) 836-2163 (voice)

scott@max.u.washington.edu (10/26/89)

In article <20076@ut-emx.UUCP>, stokes@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Perry Stokes) writes:
> .....I am wondering what the best vt100 term for the c64 is.  So far I have only
> 2 of them, Terminal-1 which is OK but has akward vt100 emulation which does not
> seem to work with emacs.  I also have Kermit 64 which is pretty nice, has 80
> columns, and works with emacs well but the problems I keep running into are its
> lack of buffer and an annoying problem where the texts gets garbled if I dont
> pause it every few seconds to catch up.

  [...portion of the text deleted...]

> Thanks in advance,
> Perry Stokes  -   stokes@vondrake.cc.utexas.edu   (512) 836-2163 (voice)

You might also want to try CBterm V6.7. I personally don't have
this particular version of this program, but I do have an earlier
version of this program (but this one doesn't have VT emulation)
and I follow it to be better in handling 80 columns display.
I thought the scrolling was more faster and more responsive.
And this version has an excellent buffering capability, and also
supports the unusual characters like backslash, underscore, swigly,
[ESC], [CTRL], etc.

From what I have heard CBterm 6.7 is available at Q-Link.
So, if you have access to Q-Link you can get it from
there.......and when you do, I would be nice if you could send
me a copy of that program to me too   :)

There was a person who had that program, but couldn't send it
because of transfer problems..  :(

Sincerely,
Scott Stephen