[comp.sys.cbm] UX-Mail Server: New command update

acliu@skat.usc.edu (Alejandro Liu) (11/16/89)

Recently it came to my attention that there are some files in my
server that exceed the 100K limit of some mailers (Well, I got a bunch
of bounced messages saying,  Mailer-Daemon-Error, message too big,
etc...)   So for those special cases I wrote a command for my server
to allow the mailing of such files.  The format is:
	split [volume] [file]
and it works very simmilarly like the send command, the only
difference is that the requested file will be splited and shar'ed
before transmition, and also it will tax this machine with a very
HEAVY load.  So please use this command sparingly, and only as a
*last* resort.  So if you requested any of the "desterm" files or
"kermit.m65" sources, and got nothing, then try again with this
command.

---
Alex C. Liu
acliu%skat@usc.edu	acliu@skat.usc.edu
(Simple .signature, $CHEAP$)

acliu@skat.usc.edu (Alejandro Liu) (11/16/89)

NOTE: Not sure if my original post made it, so here it goes again.  if
you see this message twice, I am sorry...

	       UX-Maze Mail Server: New Command update

[...]

rwillis@hubcap.clemson.edu (Richard "Crash" Willis) (11/17/89)

Sorry to put this on the net, but could someone repost the fromat
for the UX-Mail Server? Thanks!

"Hasn't killed himself yet."    |   rwillis@hubcap.clemson.edu
"He hasn't?"                    |
"Nope- he's waiting for April   | disclaimer: No officer, I've never
 5th...some sort of tax dodge." |             seen these opinions before
 -Monty Python                  |             in my life.

acliu@skat.usc.edu (Alejandro Liu) (11/19/89)