[comp.sys.cbm] Gemini 10X print head?

warren@col.hp.com (Warren Tustin) (11/11/89)

	Help!  My printer head (Gemini 10X) started losing the 3rd line
up from the bottom the other day and now prints a blank line.  I only
received a preliminary manual when I bought the printer, and it lists
phone numbers for STAR that are no longer in service.  I think I
remember someone saying that STAR is no longer in business under that
name.  If you can give me a number I can call to check on a new
head for my printer I would appreciate the help!  It has been a good
old workhorse printer (albeit w/o NLQ) and if the printer head is
cheap enough I would just replace that.  Thanks in advance!
					Warren Tustin

bas@wuibc.UUCP (Barry Siegfried) (11/22/89)

In article <410008@col.hp.com> warren@col.hp.com (Warren Tustin) writes:
>	Help!  My printer head (Gemini 10X) started losing the 3rd line
>name.  If you can give me a number I can call to check on a new
>head for my printer I would appreciate the help!  It has been a good

I have the Gemini-10X/15X Users Manual (1983).  It lists Star Micronics'
regional technical services offices.  But I would first call Star at
1-800-537-8270, which was a good number the last time I called (about 1-2
years ago).

warren@col.hp.com (Mr. T) (11/27/89)

Thanks for the number, but it is now disconnected.  I got a technical support
number but haven't been able to get through on it yet.  The problem may not
be just the printer head, since it will print on the bad pin briefly when I
first power it up, and then the bad pin goes dead.  It may be on the circuit
board, but I haven't been able to track down where on the board yet.
Thanks for your help.
						Warren Tustin