[comp.sys.cbm] GeoRAM 512K memory expansion card for GEOS!!

scott@max.u.washington.edu (11/22/89)

For those who may not know.....

Berkeley Softworks has recently released a new product called GeoRAM.
This is a 512K! memory expansion card for the C64 and C128. And the
GeoRAM only cost $125 (well actually $124.95). I believe this is an
excellent price since a 1764 REU which is only 128K cost $120.
Also since this product is directly from the publishers of GEOS, it
is bound to be as compatible as possible with all the GEOS products.
With GeoRAM, the working of GEOS applications are greatly accelerated.

COMPUTER SHOPPER and RUN magazines which reviewed this product gave
their highest praise and recommendation.

According to the ad from Berkeley Softworks,
to inquire more about GeoRAM or to order one, you are welcome to
call Berkeley Softworks at:

         1-800-888-0848
         extension 1741

Since they are kindly enough to provide an 800 number, I guess it wouldn't
hurt to call them up.

If this product catches on, it would be interesting to see what new
application programs, graphics prgs, and games that will be written.

Sincerely,
Scott K. Stephen

acliu@skat.usc.edu (Alex C. Liu) (12/08/89)

In article <10811@max.u.washington.edu> scott@max.u.washington.edu writes:
>Berkeley Softworks has recently released a new product called GeoRAM.
>This is a 512K! memory expansion card for the C64 and C128. And the
>GeoRAM only cost $125 (well actually $124.95). I believe this is an
 [Some info on GeoRAM and how interesting is to have 512K deleted]

I heard about GeoRAM, and its price, $125, doesn't look that bad.
What I would like to know is, would GeoRAM work without GEOS?
(Probably will) and what information comes with GeoRAM that would let
you write your own programs using GeoRAM and without Geos?  Doesn't
GeoRAM need a Beefed up PowerSupply?  Is it included?  Is it
compatible with other thigns like a Xtec HD or a ROM cart?

So many questions, so little time...

---
Alex C. Liu
acliu%skat@usc.edu	acliu@skat.usc.edu