[comp.sys.cbm] BusCardII and the C128

kykerr@jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU (ronald s kyker) (12/14/89)

I have a Batteries Included BusCardII, and was wondering if it
was possible to connect it up to my C128, and print through it in
C128 mode. There is a clip that attaches to a resistor (R44) on the C64.
What would be the corresponding connection on the 128? Thanks for
the help!

			-Ron Kyker
			 kykerr@jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU.UUCP

	PS: Could someone send my a copy of the latest version of Desterm?
	    Thanks again.

jgreco@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Joe Greco) (12/15/89)

In comp.sys.cbm article <14422@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU>, kykerr@jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU.UUCP wrote:
>I have a Batteries Included BusCardII, and was wondering if it
>was possible to connect it up to my C128, and print through it in
>C128 mode. There is a clip that attaches to a resistor (R44) on the C64.
>What would be the corresponding connection on the 128? Thanks for
>the help!

Sorry, the BusCard will *NOT* work with the C128.  The BusCard works by
swapping C64 ROM and ROM inside the BusCard, depending on what you want to
do.  I believe on the 128 it starts swapping 128 ROM with BusCard ROM, which
does not work.  In any case, experience says that it does NOT work.

By the way, the wire is not necessarily vital to C64 operation.  It only
allows ROM paging to be done "correctly," and will not usually affect BASIC
programs and the like.

--
jgreco@csd4.csd.uwm.edu  		Joe Greco at FidoNet 1:154/200
USnail: 9905 W Montana Ave			     PunterNet Node 30 or 31