[comp.sys.cbm] Printer Ribbon Needed

hawkins@ucunix.san.uc.edu (Ben Hawkins) (12/29/89)

Hello to all,
 I have a Commodore 64, with a 1626 printer.  When I bought it, I bought
an extra ribbon, which I am now using.  I would like to get another ribbon,
but I can't seem to find one.  I was told that places like Children's Palace
or Toys (how do you make a backward 'R' on this thing) Us may have them, but
didn't have any luck there, either.  I can find them in catalogs, but they
usually either require a minimum order, or a shipping and handling charge
that is higher than the cost of the ribbon.  Does anyone know where I can
find one in the Cincinnati, OH area, or know of a catalog which would allow
me to purchase 1 or 2 ribbons with a reasonable charge?  I'd appreciate
any leads anyone can give me.  Please respond through mail, as I don't
read this group regularly.

               Thanks in advance, and Happy New Year!

---
Ben Hawkins
University of Cincinnati Computing Center
HAWKINS@UCUNIX.SAN.UC.EDU
HAWKINS@UCBEH.BITNET

bmiller@PRC.Unisys.COM (Bruce J. Miller) (12/31/89)

In article <81@ucunix.SAN.UC.EDU> hawkins@ucunix.san.uc.edu (Ben Hawkins) writes:
> I have a Commodore 64, with a 1626 printer.  When I bought it, I bought
>an extra ribbon, which I am now using.  I would like to get another ribbon...

If you have a Commodore **1526** (a.k.a. MPS802), an excellent source is
          Ribbonland
          P.O. Box 506
          Exton, PA 19341
          1-800-221-4892

Their part number is RFSP8; prices are $5.50 each, $5.00 (6-11), $4.62 (12+).
They charge $4.00 for shipping and handling.  Credit cards are accepted, but
AmEx is surcharged.  You might call for a catalog, as they have lots of other
goodies for sale.  They also have different color ribbons for the 1526.

I have no connection with Ribbonland other than they are located 5 minutes
from my home and are quite popular at the various computer fairs in the
Philly area.

Hope this helps.

	Bruce Miller (bmiller@burdvax.prc.unisys.com)
	<Insert virus code here>
	Vacuum tubes are not dead - they just smell that way.

givler@cbmvax.commodore.com (Greg Givler - PA) (12/31/89)

In article <81@ucunix.SAN.UC.EDU> hawkins@ucunix.san.uc.edu (Ben Hawkins) writes:
>Hello to all,
> I have a Commodore 64, with a 1626 printer.  When I bought it, I bought
>an extra ribbon, which I am now using.  I would like to get another ribbon,
>but I can't seem to find one.  I was told that places like Children's Palace
>or Toys (how do you make a backward 'R' on this thing) Us may have them, but
>didn't have any luck there, either.  I can find them in catalogs, but they
>usually either require a minimum order, or a shipping and handling charge
>that is higher than the cost of the ribbon.  Does anyone know where I can
>find one in the Cincinnati, OH area, or know of a catalog which would allow
>me to purchase 1 or 2 ribbons with a reasonable charge?  I'd appreciate
>any leads anyone can give me.  Please respond through mail, as I don't
>read this group regularly.
>
>               Thanks in advance, and Happy New Year!
>
>---
>Ben Hawkins
>University of Cincinnati Computing Center
>HAWKINS@UCUNIX.SAN.UC.EDU
>HAWKINS@UCBEH.BITNET

Try Reliable office supplies

800-621-4344

Checkmate

800-525-0511

Remco Computer Printer Supplies

800-522-6922

Greg Givler                        | Q-Link: GregGivler
Analyst - Systems Evaluation Group | CompuServe: Greg Givler 76702,647
Commodore Product Assurance        | GEnie: G.Givler
215-431-9100                       | The NET: givler@cbmvax.commodore.com
"Wild Whores couldn't keep me away!" -- George Francisco
"That's Horses, George" -- Matt Sikes -- Alien Nation --  Fox Broadcasting --