[comp.sys.cbm] VT-100 for the C64 - another question

w2up@ka2qhd.UUCP (Barry Kutner W2UP) (01/06/90)

ALong the previous discussion lines, is there a way to generate an ESC
character using Kermit on the C64 (i.e. an ASCII 27)?? Or is there
another term prog that will do it??

bwildasi@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Ben Wildasin) (01/07/90)

In article <87@ka2qhd.UUCP> w2up@ka2qhd.UUCP (Barry Kutner W2UP) writes:

>ALong the previous discussion lines, is there a way to generate an ESC
>character using Kermit on the C64 (i.e. an ASCII 27)?? Or is there
>another term prog that will do it??

As far as I know, this will work for just about every terminal program
(and terminal, for instance VT-240s, which lack ESC keys) out there:
just hit CTRL-[.

Ben Wildasin                               bwildasi@silver.ucs.indiana.edu

byrd@husc7.HARVARD.EDU (John "The Squid" Byrd) (01/08/90)

In article <32546@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> bwildasi@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Ben Wildasin) writes:
>In article <87@ka2qhd.UUCP> w2up@ka2qhd.UUCP (Barry Kutner W2UP) writes:
>>
>>ALong the previous discussion lines, is there a way to generate an ESC
>>character using Kermit on the C64 (i.e. an ASCII 27)?? Or is there
>>another term prog that will do it??
>
>As far as I know, this will work for just about every terminal program
>(and terminal, for instance VT-240s, which lack ESC keys) out there:
>just hit CTRL-[.

Yeah.  Or, on Kermit, you can just hit the back-arrow key   <-  .

John Byrd              !
byrd@husc7.harvard.edu !        "Uh, could you repeat the question?"
Q-Link: John Byrd      !                         - Sid Vicious
CompuServe: 74506,3612 !