[comp.sys.cbm] Kermit connect help wanted

kajihara@mcnc.org (Lord of Sith) (02/02/90)

I have had the kermit program that I downloaded for a while without any use
because it seemed to have problems.  This is v2.2 (72) [I think].  I am using
it with a Hayes compatible modem connected via an RS-232 interface.  I may be
wrong in this, but I assume that after entering connection mode I should be
able to enter Hayes AT commands.  I have tried this without anything connected
via the joystick ports.  My problem:  I cannot get certain characters to echo
to the screen among which are 'a' and 'd' which does not help much.  Any
suggestions?

     Scott Kajihara

--
     Scott Akira Kajihara
mcnc!kajihara  kajihara@mcnc.org  mcnc!pyvax!kajihara  mcnc!pymvjb!kajihara

scott@max.u.washington.edu (02/03/90)

In article <1613@speedy.mcnc.org>, kajihara@mcnc.org (Lord of Sith) writes:
> I have had the kermit program that I downloaded for a while without any use
> because it seemed to have problems.  This is v2.2 (72) [I think].  I am using
> it with a Hayes compatible modem connected via an RS-232 interface.  I may be
> wrong in this, but I assume that after entering connection mode I should be
> able to enter Hayes AT commands.

You are correct.

> I have tried this without anything connected
> via the joystick ports.  My problem:  I cannot get certain characters to echo
> to the screen among which are 'a' and 'd' which does not help much.

Perhaps you did not tell Kermit to echo (set local on).

As an aside...you don't have to set Kermit to echo to enter AT commands,
however, one drawback without echo is that you will not be able to see what
you are typing; but the advantage is that after you make the connection
you don't have to tell kermit to turn off echo (set local off).

> Any suggestions?

If nothing works, the only thing that I can say is that you have a bad
copy, so try to get another copy.

>      Scott Kajihara

Sincerely,
Scott K. Stephen