[comp.sys.cbm] Where can I get a C64 power supply.

mustang@b.gp.cs.cmu.edu (John Mullen) (03/19/90)

    Ughhh.  The stupid C64 power supply burnt out AGAIN.  What really
    sucks is that Hills Dept. store no longer sells them.  Children's
    palace doesn't, Sears doesn't, K-Mart doesn't...  Does anyone know
    where I can buy the stupid thing?!!  Thanks for any help.

John Mullen
mustang@b.gp.cs.cmu.edu

wbks@tygra.UUCP (Sean Burke) (03/19/90)

Have you opened it up and looked at it yet?  Sometimes only the fuse has
burnt out in it.

--
=  CAT-TALK Conferencing Network, Prototype Computer Conferencing System  =
-  1-800-825-3069, 300/1200/2400/9600 baud, 8/N/1. New users use 'new'    -

varneyml@clutx.clarkson.edu (Mike Varney,215 Hamlin,,2684032) (03/20/90)

From article <8475@pt.cs.cmu.edu>, by mustang@b.gp.cs.cmu.edu (John Mullen):

>     Ughhh.  The stupid C64 power supply burnt out AGAIN.  What really
>     sucks is that Hills Dept. store no longer sells them.  Children's
>     palace doesn't, Sears doesn't, K-Mart doesn't...  Does anyone know
>     where I can buy the stupid thing?!!  Thanks for any help.
>
> John Mullen
> mustang@b.gp.cs.cmu.edu

There is a store around where I'm from called "Electronics Botique" (It's
a chain)...  Around us it's the only real store (well, there's one other) that
has really good Commodore stuff.  If there isn't an "Electronics Botique" near
you, you can email me and I'll send you their 1-800 number.

                                       Mike Varney
                                           VARNEYML@CLUTX.CLARKSON.EDU

geoffw@xenitec.on.ca (Geoffrey Welsh) (03/20/90)

In article <8475@pt.cs.cmu.edu> mustang@b.gp.cs.cmu.edu (John Mullen) writes:
>    Ughhh.  The stupid C64 power supply burnt out AGAIN.

   Have you considered building one that won't die? I did many years
ago and never regretted it. It looks funny (like an octopus orgy, to
be exact) and it's the subject of jokes from so-called friends in the
industry, but it has never failed me and I've been able to piggyback
a second (or third) computer on it whenever necessary.

   Interested?

scott@max.u.washington.edu (03/21/90)

In article <8475@pt.cs.cmu.edu>, mustang@b.gp.cs.cmu.edu (John Mullen) writes:
>     Ughhh.  The stupid C64 power supply burnt out AGAIN.  What really
>     sucks is that Hills Dept. store no longer sells them.  Children's
>     palace doesn't, Sears doesn't, K-Mart doesn't...  Does anyone know
>     where I can buy the stupid thing?!!  Thanks for any help.
>
> John Mullen
> mustang@b.gp.cs.cmu.edu

Around the Northwest you can get them in Fred Meyer and also I believe
in Sears and Best.

You can also get them through a number of mail order companies
like:

Lyco Computers
Montgomery Grant
Tenex
Computer Direct
Briwall
etc.....for address or phone# look in a commodore magazine.

Most of this power supplies are better built than the original one
and also most of them are repairable too.

Sincerely,
Scott K. Stephen