[comp.sys.cbm] still can't get kermit to work

hampel@demon.siemens.com (Ken Hampel) (03/22/90)

I desperately want to use kermit.  I ftp'd it from washington onto a
VAX.  I then downloaded boot-kermit, kermit.ini, and kermit to my C64
using xmodem - all binary transfers.  I load"boot-kermit",8,1 and run.
I get:
65,NO BLOCK,00,00
and the red light stays on.  I run it again and get:
65,NO BLOCK,01,01
then I get
65,NO BLOCK,01,02.
Meanwhile, checking the directory reveals that my available blocks are
steadily decreasing.  Any suggestions?
Thanks,
-Ken
hampel@demon.siemens.com

jgreco@archimedes.math.uwm.edu (Joe Greco) (03/25/90)

In article <26771@siemens.siemens.com> hampel@demon.UUCP (Ken Hampel) writes:
>I desperately want to use kermit.  I ftp'd it from washington onto a
>VAX.  I then downloaded boot-kermit, kermit.ini, and kermit to my C64
>using xmodem - all binary transfers.  I load"boot-kermit",8,1 and run.
>I get:
>65,NO BLOCK,00,00
>and the red light stays on.  I run it again and get:
>65,NO BLOCK,01,01
>then I get
>65,NO BLOCK,01,02.
>Meanwhile, checking the directory reveals that my available blocks are
>steadily decreasing.  Any suggestions?

Yes, "boot-kermit" is for the C128,  I believe it is used to make an auto-
boot sector for Kermit

Load "kermit2.2" from C64 mode, and run it.  Also, validate your disk
open15,8,15,"v0"   to recover the lost blocks.

... Joe