[comp.sys.cbm] UNIX for the C-128

consp24@bingsunl.cc.binghamton.edu (consp24) (03/27/90)

Tom S. Edwards           {att,bellcore,sun,ames,pyramid}!pacbell!pbhyd!tse
Sean Burke                      wbks%tygra.uucp@sharkey.cc.umich.edu
Richard Neitzel                 thor@thor.atd.ucar.edu
Devon Bowen                     bowen@cs.buffalo.edu
Christopher W. Carlson          niobium@nevada.edu
Brian S. Kendig                 bskendig@phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Roberto Alvarez                 UD156844@NDSUVM1.BITNET
Broderick S. Jolley             BSJ100@PSUVM
Randy Winchester                randy@athena.mit.edu

Anyone else?

-Gregg

consp24@bingsunl.cc.binghamton.edu (consp24) (03/27/90)

    To:  Tom S. Edwards
    Re:  Your Address

    My mailer is having a tough time dealing with UUCP addresses
(it thinks ! is an event designator).  Could you send me an equiv-
alent Internet address?

Gregg
CONSP24@BINGSUNS.POD.BINGHAMTON.EDU

ethan_r_dicks@giza.cis.ohio-state.edu (03/27/90)

In article <3212@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu> consp24@bingsunl.cc.binghamton.edu (consp24) writes:
>Tom S. Edwards           {att,bellcore,sun,ames,pyramid}!pacbell!pbhyd!tse
[ several names deleted ]
>Randy Winchester                randy@athena.mit.edu

>Anyone else?
>
>-Gregg

Yup... please add me to the list...

cis.ohio-state.edu!kumiss!erd

Thanks,
-ethan

--
Ethan R. Dicks       | ######  This signifies that the poster is a member in
Software Results Corp|   ##    good sitting of Inertia House: Bodies at rest.

lord_zar@ucrmath.ucr.edu (wayne wallace) (03/27/90)

In article <3212@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu> consp24@bingsunl.cc.binghamton.edu (consp24) writes:
(several names deleted)
>Anyone else?
>
>-Gregg

me.
I tried your std address: consp24@bingsunl.cc.binghamton.edu and it bounced.
I did a bang address and it bounced.
one of the routing sites in the middle of my address was zaphod.ms.ohio-state.edu (well I know it was zaphod and ohio-state) and the system thought you were at zaphod. musta been too many routing sites. oh, you posted about not being able
to reach someone. hopefully they sent you a good list of routing sites. I have
things come from lawnet a lot, just as a routing site, so big ones are good.
here's hoping you can reach me. my Inet address is below, but major sites near
me are:
{ucsd,uci}!ucrmath!lord_zar

*    // Only /\       Lord Zar,Commander Of All He Surveys                    *
*\\ //      /--\MIGA  (and hater of spaces near commas.)                      *
* \X/ Internet: lord_zar@ucrmath.ucr.edu QuantumLink & Portal: Lord_Zar       *
* "The only good long .signature is a dead one!" --Me (The new, shorter .sig!)*

lord_zar@ucrmath.ucr.edu (wayne wallace) (03/27/90)

whoops, heh heh. consp24@binghamton, you (and anyone who's anyone) should know
that bang addresses are done like:
mail routingsite\!routingsite\!routingsite\!etc.,etc.,etc. finishing with:
routingsite\!username
course they don't always work, as evidenced by my attempts to reach you.

bwildasi@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Ben Wildasin) (03/27/90)

In article <3212@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu> consp24@bingsunl.cc.binghamton.edu (consp24) writes:
>Tom S. Edwards           {att,bellcore,sun,ames,pyramid}!pacbell!pbhyd!tse
	[name list deleted]

Add me to the list too. The address is `bwildasi@aqua.ucs.indiana.edu'.

Thanks!

Ben Wildasin                                           bwildasi@ucs.indiana.edu

vernard@prism.gatech.EDU (Vernard Martin) (03/27/90)

In article <78477@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> Ethan R Dicks <erd@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:
>In article <3212@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu> consp24@bingsunl.cc.binghamton.edu (consp24) writes:
>>Tom S. Edwards           {att,bellcore,sun,ames,pyramid}!pacbell!pbhyd!tse
>[ several names deleted ]
>>Randy Winchester                randy@athena.mit.edu
>
>>Anyone else?
>>
>>-Gregg
>
>Yup... please add me to the list...
And don't forget me!
V Martin -- vernard@prism.gatech.edu (or vernard@gatech.edu if all else fails)
--
Vernard Martin (ICS Computer Operator )
uucp:     ...!{allegra,amd,hplabs,ut-ngp}!gatech!prism!vernard

klehr@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Thomas J. Klehr) (03/27/90)

In article <3212@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu> consp24@bingsunl.cc.binghamton.edu (consp24) writes:

>Anyone else?

klehr@sun.soe.clarkson.edu

Thanks.

--
Thomas J. Klehr

baseball@bierstadt.scd.ucar.edu (Gregg Walters) (03/28/90)

> Anyone else?

Me too!

+          Gregg (how 'bout those Cubs / let's go bowling) Walters         +
#======================================##==================================#
+ Man will occasionally stumble over   ++ baseball@ncar.ucar.edu [internet]+
+ the truth, but most of the time he   ++ baseball@ncario          [bitnet]+
+ will pick himself up and continue on.++ ...!ncar!baseball          [uucp]+
#==========================================================================#
++++++++++++++++ NO WARRANTIES AND ALL DISCLAIMERS APPLY +++++++++++++++++++
#==========================================================================#

consp24@bingsune.cc.binghamton.edu (consp24) (03/28/90)

>I tried your std address: consp24@bingsunl.cc.binghamton.edu and it bounced.
>I did a bang address and it bounced.

Try consp24@bingsunl.pod.binghamton.edu

Gregg

wbks@tygra.UUCP (Sean Burke) (03/28/90)

I got a new address:

wbks@thundercat.com
or
wbks@tygra.thundercat.com

--
=  CAT-TALK Conferencing Network, Prototype Computer Conferencing System  =
-  1-800-825-3069, 300/1200/2400/9600 baud, 8/N/1. New users use 'new'    -

t1u@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Robert Piskac) (03/28/90)

> Anyone else?

Please add me to the Unix list

t1u@mentor.cc.purdue.edu

fornax@wpi.wpi.edu (The Fornax) (03/28/90)

In article <3212@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu> consp24@bingsunl.cc.binghamton.edu (consp24) writes:

>Anyone else?
>
>-Gregg

	Yeah!  Me!!  Unix for the C128!  Awesome!  Did you write it in
Basic??  Are you going to put it on some ftp site??

						-Dan

alanw@hp-lsd.COS.HP.COM (Alan Weber) (03/29/90)

Please add me to the list, too!

hp-lsd.cos.hp.com

Thanks

pcr@genrad.com (Perry Rothermel) (03/29/90)

In article <78477@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> Ethan R Dicks <erd@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:
>In article <3212@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu> consp24@bingsunl.cc.binghamton.edu (consp24) writes:
>>Tom S. Edwards           {att,bellcore,sun,ames,pyramid}!pacbell!pbhyd!tse
>[ several names deleted ]
>>Randy Winchester                randy@athena.mit.edu
>
>>Anyone else?
>>
>>-Gregg

Include me...please!
Thank You!

brucec@tekigm2.MEN.TEK.COM (Bruce R Carlson) (03/29/90)

Even if it is true that C=1 has been sold,   it doesn't mean that we can't
lease it for a few years:

I wonder if the selling price yelded as much as we need to pay rent for 5
years....

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x          /=)  /=)  / /  ===  /==       x       Bruce Carlson @ TEKIGM2      x
x         /=<  /=<  / /  /    /==        x      Po Box 3500 Vancxuver USA     x
x        /=/  / (  ===  ===  /==         x           (206)  253 5949          x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

brucec@tekigm2.MEN.TEK.COM (Bruce R Carlson) (03/29/90)

 My apologies to you all --- I seem to have posted the wrong message to the
 net   :(

 Should have read:   Me too please !!  In answer to unix for the CBM machines.

 Sorry about that   ;)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x          /=)  /=)  / /  ===  /==       x       Bruce Carlson @ TEKIGM2    x
x         /=<  /=<  / /  /    /==        x      Po Box 3500 Vancouver USA   x
x        /=/  / (  ===  ===  /==         x           (206)  253 5949        x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

paranoid@nstar.UUCP (Damian Gick) (03/29/90)

consp24@bingsunl.cc.binghamton.edu (consp24) writes:

> Anyone else?
>
> -Gregg

'yes, please.. me too..'  -- said rather sheepishly...

-----
Damian Gick
South Bend, IN               "Even a broken watch is right twice a day."

E-Mail:               paranoid@nstar   :   internet
        !iuvax!ndmath!nstar!paranoid   :   uucp
-----

ntm1477@dsacg4.dsac.dla.mil (Jared McNeal) (03/29/90)

Please send me a copy of 128 Unix.

  Thank You
  Jared A McNeal
  osu!dsacg1!dsacg3!dsacg4!ntm1477

phillips@foxtail.UUCP (Peter Phillips) (04/05/90)

Unix for the C128 sounds great.  I'd like a copy of the
source, or what ever code you're willing to give out.

Right now I'm working on an assembler(working in C on a
Sun workstation(2 of them actually)  Its meant to be used
on a Sun or other like computer, and you write all the mountains
of code on the Sun, compile it and d/l it to the C128(or 64, I
suppose.)

Thanx

Peter Phillips
ucsd!foxtail!phillips

specter@disk.UUCP (Byron Guernsey) (04/06/90)

Ah 300k, thats what split is for??? But I agree this isn't comp.source.cbm....
Some corps don't want large files comming through. Shouldpost it in MISC sources
Adios...

Byron Guernsey
--
Byron 'Maxwell' Guernsey                         |       ///  //\\
specter@disk.UUCP     or                         |      ///  //  \\