[comp.sys.cbm] FTP suggestion and Re: FTPing troubles

myers@pawl.rpi.edu (Robert P Myers) (04/12/90)

In article <4706@quanta.eng.ohio-state.edu> MT666_VINARC@kcgl1.eng.ohio-state.edu (Michael Vinarcik) writes:
>I need some help:
>
>I can't FTP from the pawl.rpi site; I think that I can'T get into the myers
>directory through anonymous FTP.  Anyone out there get Desterm V1.02 yet?

 Sorry about that folks, but you CAN'T FTP to the pawls, at least not without
my password. Too remedy that situation, I have uploaded the Desterm file
(desterm102.arc) to the Tolsun.oulu.fi site. I did it yesterday(4/10/90),
so it is probably still in the incoming directory. When it gets there
permanently, it will probably be in the c64 directory, since as far as I know,
there isn't a c128 one(although I asked for the creation of one). If anybody
knows how I can upload it to other sites, please tell me. The only reason I
uploaded to the tolsun site is that had the directions for having it permanently
added to the directory.

 The pawl.rpi.edu site was not going to be a full fledged FTP site, but more
of a best of FTP, to aid in getting good programs distributed. In order to aid
this how about having some people out there (me included) write a "column" here
reveiewing FTP software and saying where the new sites are?

                                                    Rob Myers