[comp.sys.cbm] Basic U/D-loading

specter@disk.UUCP (Byron Max Guernsey) (05/01/90)

Then there is the easier way to U/D-load basic programs to and fro systems.
Get Bobsterm pro (I had 128 version way back- got messed up) and it allowed some
really nice file features such as converson of keywords to text and text back to
keywords, and it even writes to cpm disks. It was definately worth the money, I
just wish I wouldn't have messed it up.

Byron Guernsey
--
 / /\ \/       \ /\ |---|  /\  /     \    |---|   /O---------------------------O
/ /  \/   /\  /_/  \_| |-------------------| |   / |The Legendary City of Frore|

myers@pawl.rpi.edu (Robert P Myers) (05/03/90)

In article <2533@disk.UUCP> specter@disk.UUCP (Byron Max Guernsey) writes:
>Then there is the easier way to U/D-load basic programs to and fro systems.
>Get Bobsterm pro (I had 128 version way back- got messed up) and it allowed some^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  Don't bother
>really nice file features such as converson of keywords to text and text back to
>keywords, and it even writes to cpm disks. It was definately worth the money, I
>just wish I wouldn't have messed it up.
>
>Byron Guernsey

I got Bobsterm Pro for the c128 when I got my modem, and it doesn't work well
The vt100 emulation mode is seriously shot (It prints the hex commands instead
of executing them) The other features I don't know about, since I wasn't
rreally able to use it without full vt100 capabilities.
If this is just a problem with mmy version and not in general, could someone
please tell me how to fix it. If it is a general problem, don't bother
getting this program.

                                    Rob Myers

baseball@bierstadt.scd.ucar.edu (Gregg Walters) (05/03/90)

Rob Myers wrote:
>In article <2533@disk.UUCP> specter@disk.UUCP (Byron Max Guernsey) writes:
>>Then there is the easier way to U/D-load basic programs to and fro systems.
>>Get Bobsterm pro (I had 128 version way back- got messed up) and it allowed some^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>  Don't bother
>I got Bobsterm Pro for the c128 when I got my modem, and it doesn't work well
>The vt100 emulation mode is seriously shot (It prints the hex commands instead
>of executing them) The other features I don't know about, since I wasn't
>rreally able to use it without full vt100 capabilities.
>If this is just a problem with mmy version and not in general, could someone
>please tell me how to fix it. If it is a general problem, don't bother
>getting this program.

Byron:
I've been using Bobsterm Pro for the C=128 over 3 years with no difficulty.
The VT100 mode works fine.  Occasionally I forget to plug in the required
dongle, or don't seat it in the socket right, so that the program won't
boot, or it will quit after showing some hex junk.  (The latter may also
happen when the 40/80 button is not depressed).  I like the pop-up menus
and large capture buffer, and having worked with 5 other emulators, feel
that Bobsterm Pro is the most robust.  I have a Novation modem connected
through an RS232 interface (an old C=64 model whose case I altered so
it would fit the back of the C=128).  Bobsterm Pro doesn't do 2400
baud perfectly, but it does fine at 1200 baud.  I consider Bobsterm
Pro, and my PaperClip/Consultant/Cal-Kit software to be my most valuable
C=128 software, now that the novelty of the games has faded for me.

Rob: not knowing all the details of your difficulty, I can't offer any
fixes, beyond what I mentioned above.

+           Gregg (let's go bowling / how 'bout those Cubs) Walters          +
+ ah, the feel of a crisp release, and   ++ baseball@ncar.ucar.edu [internet]+
+ watching the ball snap into the pocket ++ baseball@ncario          [bitnet]+
+ for a booming strike, closing out      ++ ...!ncar!baseball          [uucp]+
+ your opponent in the tenth frame.      ++                                  +
+                 NO WARRANTIES AND ALL DISCLAIMERS APPLY                    +