[comp.sys.cbm] C128 word processing

jph@cbnewsl.att.com (joseph.p.haggerty) (06/02/90)

I am searching for a mouse-driven word-processing program for my C128 that
will output to a daisywheel printer.  It doesn't have to be WYSIWYG, but
it should be simple enough for a 13-year old to use.  (I have Paperclip III,
but even I can't remember its arcane commands).  Right now we use GEOwrite
2.1 because of its excellent human interface, but that program can't be
customized like Paperclip to drive my daisywheel printer with its
proportionally spaced printwheel.  (GEOwrite works fine with a fixed-pitch
printwheel.)  So what other programs are out there, even in (gasp!) CP/M
mode?
					Joe Haggerty
					AT&T Bell Laboratories, Whippany, NJ
					attunix!whamr!jph

scott@max.u.washington.edu (06/08/90)

In article <1990Jun1.213354.23230@cbnewsl.att.com>, jph@cbnewsl.att.com (joseph.p.haggerty) writes:
> I am searching for a mouse-driven word-processing program for my C128 that
> will output to a daisywheel printer.  It doesn't have to be WYSIWYG, but
> it should be simple enough for a 13-year old to use.
>                                       Joe Haggerty
>                                       AT&T Bell Laboratories, Whippany, NJ
>                                       attunix!whamr!jph

You might want to take a look at "FLEET SYSTEM 4and "WORD WRITER 128"
Here is the description of them as appeared in the ad:

"FLEET SYSTEM 4"
Four powerful applications combined in one easy-to-use software
package: Word Processing, Dictionary/Spell Checker, integrated
Thesaurus, and Database. Fleet System includes WYSIWYG, pop-up
windows, mal merge, search and replace, scratchpad, true one
screen word wrap, general and context sensitive help screen,
support of RAM expansion, ability to utilize up to four disk drives.
Uses C128 80 column mode for professional document display.

"WORD WRITER 128"
"Using Word Writer is an absolute joy" (by RUN magazine).
Pull-down menus let you access Word Writer 128's powerful
functions easily and quickly. Includes onscreen calculator, text
formatter and spelling checker, thesaurus, onscreen highlighting,
speed keys.

You can oder them from a number of mail order companier or
ay be a store near you.

Sincerely,
Scott K. Stephen