[comp.sys.cbm] Kermit / Terminal Programs / C128

wendi@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Walter H. Dick) (06/27/90)

I currently am running Kermit V2.0 on my C128.  Does anyone out there
know of a newer version of Kermit or a better terminal program for
the C128?  I am hoping to get a hold of a terminal program that is
capable of doing 2400 baud.  Please respond directly to me via email.

Thanks for your help!

*                                       *                                    *
*       Walter H. Dick, III             *       Programming Suggestions      *
*       VAX/VMS systems                 *                                    *
*       Software/Firmware Technician    *                 by                 *
*       Light Valve Technology          *                                    *
*       A Kodak Company                 *           < Lord Vader >           *
*       wendi@bsu-cs.bsu.edu            *                                    *
*                                       *                                    *

grx0644@uoft02.utoledo.edu (06/27/90)

In article <11359@bsu-cs.bsu.edu>, wendi@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Walter H. Dick) writes:
> I currently am running Kermit V2.0 on my C128.  Does anyone out there
> know of a newer version of Kermit or a better terminal program for
> the C128?  I am hoping to get a hold of a terminal program that is
> capable of doing 2400 baud.  Please respond directly to me via email.

I have found that desterm 1.02 to be useful for most people, although I can not
get it to work properally on our VAX (I can not isolate the problem to either
the vax or c128, but my latest tests indicates Desterm, but that's another
story  DessTerm is SW, and as he has made it known, a co-author is active on
the news discussion.  I do suggest you give this a try...the program boasts
that you can go up to 9600, flawless (I have a 2400 baud modem and it works
great at this speed). As far as I have seen, I would have to say it is the best
out for the C128, but of course, I have not reviewed all terminal pprograms.
I'd say that the most impressive part of Desterm is that the author boasts that
you can use your C128 and desterm to become a second terminal for your amiga,
ibm, via a null modem.  Of course, if you have access to a direct line to your
vax, you should be able to connect your c128 (with desterm) to the vax and run
at 9600 baud....something I only can dream about.

What's my bottem line???  Give Desterm a try.....its SW...so what do you got to
lose.   You'll be suprised at its potiential.
| Tony Schliesser:             | This Space for Rent
|  GRX0644 @ UOFT02.BITNET     |
|  GRX0644 @ UOFT02.UTOLEDO.EDU|
|  FAC2966 @ UOFT01.BITNET     |
|  FAC2966 @ UOFT01.UTOLEDO.EDU|