[comp.sys.cbm] Has anyone Heard?

umturne4@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Daryl Turner) (06/27/90)

In article <XX000117ab@pallio.UUCP> dg@pallio.UUCP (David Goodenough) writes:
>grx0644@uoft02.utoledo.edu (Tony Schliesser) asks:
>> Here's a question I have had for some time now....Is there a new version of
>> DesTerm out......The latest I have seen is V1.02, which I don't use (I
>> currently use Kermit).  Anyone got the inside scoop?
>
>DesTerm V2.0 is in the works - I don't know what the projected release date
>is (if there is one at all), so I'm not going to pull an "Ashton-Tate",
>especially not with someone else's package. I'd keep an eye on comp.sys.cbm,
>I'd imagine that news of it's release will hit here like a minor hurricane.

Apparently, Matt is just putting the final touches on the manuals for 2.0.
Not only is it necessary to update the manual from 1.02, but he has to write
a manual for the scripting language.

If you think comp.sys.cbm will be hit with a minor hurricane when it's released
then I hate to think what the FidoNet C= echo will be like.  They've
already been buzzing about it for quite a while, since a few of the beta
testers are on there.

      Daryl Turner
        <umturne4@ccu.umanitoba.ca>