[comp.sys.cbm] UPC label maker for C= 128

scott@max.u.washington.edu (07/06/90)

In article <1990Jun23.153241.16105@ecn.purdue.edu>, piskac@ecn.purdue.edu (Robert J. Piskac) writes:
>     I have written a program in basic to print UPC labels.
>     If anyone would like a free copy send me E-mail.
>
>     The printer drive is a generic epson printer commands.
>     You can change the basic code to fit your needs.

UPC stands for Universal Product Code, and they are those bar codes that
you see in almost every items that you purchase now days.
This bar codes can be read-off quickly by a bar-code scanner.
Having a means to generate this bar codes can serve many useful
purposes. For example,
If you are owner of a movie theater, printing the bar code
on to the movie theater ticket could make counting of the tickets
and validation of the tickets a lot easier, just scan then with a
bar-code scanner ....

Anyways, this program has been placed at milton-FTP site in the
subdirectory: "public/download/c128/application"

Thanks goes out to Robert J. Piskac (the author) for summitting the
program....by the way I think I misspelled his name in my previous
post, my apologies.

Sincerely,
Scott K. Stephen

piskac@ecn.purdue.edu (Robert J. Piskac) (07/09/90)

In article <13976.269388eb@max.u.washington.edu>, scott@max.u.washington.edu writes:

> UPC stands for Universal Product Code, and they are those bar codes that
> you see in almost every items that you purchase now days.
> This bar codes can be read-off quickly by a bar-code scanner.
> Having a means to generate this bar codes can serve many useful
> purposes. For example,

  This is correct.

> If you are owner of a movie theater, printing the bar code
> on to the movie theater ticket could make counting of the tickets
> and validation of the tickets a lot easier, just scan then with a
> bar-code scanner ....

  This is not correct.  UPC labels are for products only.  Other bar
  code schemes are used to count tickets.

  UPC labels are a 12 position number that identifies a company and
  its product(s).

  For more information cantact the Universal Product Code Council
  in Dayton, OHIO.

  piskac@en.ecn.purdue.edu