[comp.sys.cbm] compute gazette

EAO102@psuvm.psu.edu (Ernie Oporto) (07/28/90)

   Does anyone know what happened to a magazine by the name of Compute!'s Gazet
te?  This magazine for the Commodore computers was really helpful in learning p
rograming and had a lot of ml and basic programs that were useful for other pro
grams.  Had stuff for GEOS, too.

castorca@EA.USL.EDU (Christian Castor) (07/29/90)

In article <90209.104146EAO102@psuvm.psu.edu>, EAO102@psuvm.psu.edu (Ernie
Oporto) writes:

>   Does anyone know what happened to a magazine by the name of Compute!'s Gazet
>te?  This magazine for the Commodore computers was really helpful in learning p
>rograming and had a lot of ml and basic programs that were useful for other pro
>grams.  Had stuff for GEOS, too.

ABC consumer magazines sold Compute!, Compute! PC, Compute!'s Gazette
and Amiga Resource to Genral Media.   According to the August issue
of OMNI (owned by General Media), they will merge all those Compute!
titles into a single and bigger monthly magazine, also called Compute!.
The next issue will be October 1990.

          - Chris

-----///-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ///  Christian Castor : (318) 232-2045 (voice) || INet: castorca@ea.usl.edu
\\\///   Compuserve: 73030,2734 || PeopleLink: ChrisC || Alcatraz: Cell#1234-A1

mptaylo@hubcap.clemson.edu (michael taylor) (07/30/90)

>    Does anyone know what happened to a magazine by the name of Compute!'s Gazet
> te?  This magazine for the Commodore computers was really helpful in learning p
> rograming and had a lot of ml and basic programs that were useful for other pro
> grams.  Had stuff for GEOS, too.
From what I have heard it is Now...or will be Omni's Compute...Or something
along that line....
Mike...<MPTAYLO@hubcap.clemson.edu>