[comp.sys.cbm] Power C revisited

honp6@jetson.uh.edu (08/15/90)

  Awhile back someone posted to this group that they were pretty familiar with
Power C.  As pointed out the documentation leaves much to be desired.  I am
trying to write some programs that need cursor control.  The docs list no
commands or library functions for this purpose and I cannot get the editor to
accept special characters like [clr/home], [crsr up], and [crsr dn].  Does
anyone out there know how to handle this problem on a c64?  Or will I have to
do without cursor control.  Thanks in advance.
                                   John White

lockemer@astro.pc.ab.com (08/15/90)

In article <6785.26c831bf@jetson.uh.edu>, honp6@jetson.uh.edu writes:
>   Awhile back someone posted to this group that they were pretty familiar with
> Power C.  As pointed out the documentation leaves much to be desired.  I am
> trying to write some programs that need cursor control.  The docs list no
> commands or library functions for this purpose and I cannot get the editor to
> accept special characters like [clr/home], [crsr up], and [crsr dn].  Does
> anyone out there know how to handle this problem on a c64?  Or will I have to
> do without cursor control.  Thanks in advance.
>                                    John White

Although I have not tried [crsr up] or [crsr dn], I have done [clr/home] and I
expect that they should work the same. All you have to do is look up the ascii
value for the function and use that with putchar(). For example, I believe the
value for [clr/home] is 147, so to clear the screen with Power C you would use
"putchar(147);". Hope this helps.

Todd Lockemer