[comp.sys.cbm] Computer-Eyes

roger@stretch.cs.mun.ca (Roger White) (09/06/90)

I am planning on purchasing a computer-eyes video digitizer for the 64. Is
there any programs available that will allow the setup to be used in 128
mode? Or is it only c64 graphics. I am looking for a program that will
capture an image in Basic 8, Sketchpad, Spectrum 128, or I-Paint format(s).
Even an application to run under GEOS would be great if it saved in GeoPaint
format. Is there anything out there?  PD, Shareware, Commercial, anything?

Roger White
(roger@stretch.mun.edu)

randy@athena.mit.edu (Randall W Winchester) (09/06/90)

In article <1990Sep5.190827.8225@stretch.cs.mun.ca> roger@stretch.cs.mun.ca (Roger White) writes:

>I am planning on purchasing a computer-eyes video digitizer for the 64. Is
>there any programs available that will allow the setup to be used in 128
>mode? Or is it only c64 graphics. I am looking for a program that will
>capture an image in Basic 8, Sketchpad, Spectrum 128, or I-Paint format(s).
>Even an application to run under GEOS would be great if it saved in GeoPaint
>format. Is there anything out there?  PD, Shareware, Commercial, anything?
>

>Roger White
>(roger@stretch.mun.edu)

Roger,

There is a GEOS application for controlling ComputerEyes.  It was
written by BSW and was released as freeware.  It should be available
on QLink, and through user groups and public BBSs.  I believe it runs
only in 40 column mode, but it does save the image in geoPaint format.

I recall seeing another shareware ComputerEyes driver recently, I
think it was called "ColorEyes."  I think it's supposed to do an eight
grey scale picture and let you map different background patterns to
the different intensities.  It saves images in several different
formats, but I don't think it included any C128 specific formats.  It
might be worth taking a look at though.

* Randy Winchester * randy@athena.mit.edu * PO Box 1074, Cambridge, MA  02142 *