[comp.sys.cbm] Documentation on 1581 diskdrive

manen@nvpna1.prl.philips.nl (Rob van Manen) (09/09/90)

	Hi,

	Last year my father bought a Cbm1581 3.5" diskdrive for his
Commodore 64. For his Cbm1541 5.25" diskdrive he has a good technical
reference book, written in German, published by Data Becker. What he
is looking for for quite some time now, is a book of the same kind for
the Cbm1581 diskdrive. Does anyone know a title, publisher, isbn? The
book should tell something more about the software internals of the
diskdrive than is stated in the manual that accompanies the drive.

	Thanks for your help,

		Rob van Manen

Rob van Manen. | email - manen@apolloway.prl.philips.nl    or
               |         manen%nvpna1.prl.philips.nl@uunet.uu.nl
               | SERI  - manen:nlwaya01 or MANEN:NVPNASA
Rob van Manen. | email - manen@apolloway.prl.philips.nl    or
               |         manen%nvpna1.prl.philips.nl@uunet.uu.nl
               | SERI  - manen:nlwaya01 or MANEN:NVPNASA

JKT100@psuvm.psu.edu (JKT) (09/13/90)

I thought Abacus had a book out that included 1581 references?
Not sure if it's still in print, but it would be worth looking
for.

                                                            Kurt
|| Kurt Tappe   (215) 363-9485  || Amigas, Macs, IBM's, C-64's, NeXTs, ||
|| 184 W. Valley Hill Rd.       ||  Apple ]['s....  I use 'em all.     ||
|| Malvern, PA 19355-2214       ||  (and in that order too!   ;-)      ||
||  jkt100@psuvm.psu.edu         --------------------------------------||
||  jkt100@psuvm.bitnet  jkt100%psuvm.bitnet@psuvax1  QLink: KurtTappe ||

etl@sppy00.UUCP (LEVINE EUGENE T.) (09/14/90)

Try The 1581 DOS Reference Guide stock no c01676 from Software Support
International.  This book is by David Martin and costs $14.95. The
SSI number is 800-356-1179 (USA).

Long live the 64.
--
/    E. T. (Gene) Levine                                  OCLC Inc.    \
| ...att!osu-cis!sppy00!etl                           6565 Frantz Road |

bjh@cbnewsj.att.com (bernard.j.hudson) (09/14/90)

Software Support Int'l sells a detailed book on the 1581 internals.
They used to sell it bundled with the 1581 Toolkit, but now it
is available by itself for around $20.          ......BJ

BJ Hudson
AT&T-BL MT NJ
bjh@mtgzz.ATT.COM

scott@max.u.washington.edu (09/17/90)

In article <932@sppy00.UUCP>, etl@sppy00.UUCP (LEVINE EUGENE T.) writes:
> Try The 1581 DOS Reference Guide stock no c01676 from Software Support
> International.  This book is by David Martin and costs $14.95. The
> SSI number is 800-356-1179 (USA).
>
> /    E. T. (Gene) Levine                                  OCLC Inc.    \

You can also look into:
SAMS COMPUTERFACTS for Commodore 1581.
Sams is a publishing company known for publishing fine technical
and schematical books for many equipments.
You can order the book from TENEX mail order company in the US.
TENEX customer service number is 219-259-7051.

Sincerely,
Scott K. Stephen