[comp.sys.cbm] 80 column terminal program for the CBM

cen@sactoh0.SAC.CA.US (Charles E. Newman) (09/01/90)

      Does anyone know of an 80 column terminal program for the
Commodore 128 that will suppoer pulse dialing. I have an older
Hayes compatible modem for the Commodore but it can only dial pulse
dialing, It can not touch tone dial. It also must support 300 baud
and the following terminal types:

ANSI (With Color Decoding)

VT52 OR VT100 terminal emulation

One I need to interface my Commdore to my AT&T , and the other I
need to interface it to the UNIX system I will be on.

-Charles Newman

cen@sactoh0.SAC.CA.US

scott@max.u.washington.edu (09/17/90)

In article <3853@sactoh0.SAC.CA.US>, cen@sactoh0.SAC.CA.US (Charles E. Newman) writes:
>       Does anyone know of an 80 column terminal program for the
> Commodore 128 that will suppoer pulse dialing. I have an older
> Hayes compatible modem for the Commodore but it can only dial pulse
> dialing, It can not touch tone dial. It also must support 300 baud
> and the following terminal types:
>
> ANSI (With Color Decoding)
>
> VT52 OR VT100 terminal emulation
>
> One I need to interface my Commdore to my AT&T , and the other I
> need to interface it to the UNIX system I will be on.
>
> -Charles Newman
>
> cen@sactoh0.SAC.CA.US

If your modem comes with it own built-in modem commands (likely since
yours is a Hayes) that you can issue in the terminal screen,
you don't need to worry about whether a teminal program specifically
supports your modem. This commands starts with "AT". For example

ATP  --->  To set it to dial in pulse
ATD(number)  --->  To dial the (number) and connect
ATD  --->  To just connect, for example you dialed mannually and
           you want to connect.

Consult your mannual for full commands description.

In regards to a good terminal program with pulse dialing....
Desterm 2.0 supports pulse dialing, and it is a very good terminal prg too.

Sincerely,
Scott K. Stephen