[comp.sys.cbm] Transferring files between ibmpc and c64

andrew@deakin.OZ.AU (Andrew Cerasuolo) (09/28/90)

I want to transfer files from an ibmpc to a c64. Does anyone know how to
with a cable and hardware. I seem to remember something in an old edition of
transactor , anyone remember which edition or give me some help/pointers.

Thanks Andrew.

Andrew V Cerasuolo           The above comments are mine solely and not that
Sciences Workshop            of Deakin University.
Deakin University
Vic 3217                     andrew@deakin.OZ.AU

nrossi@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Nick Rossi) (09/29/90)

In article <796@sol.deakin.OZ.AU> andrew@deakin.OZ.AU (Andrew Cerasuolo) writes:
>I want to transfer files from an ibmpc to a c64. Does anyone know how to
>with a cable and hardware. I seem to remember something in an old edition of
>transactor , anyone remember which edition or give me some help/pointers.
>
>Thanks Andrew.

I do this all the time when working on machine language -- I assemble the
program on the IBM and then transfer the object file to the 64.  You need
a null modem cable (or just a null modem) and an RS232 interface for the
64.  You will probably also need a gender changer (I use a female to
female -- lesbian hardware).  Everything should be 25-pin except for your
9-to-25 pin serial cable on the IBM.  Then, just load up a terminal
program on each computer, and what you type on one should show up on the
other.  From there you can do normal file transfers.

Nick