[comp.sys.cbm] On line games for ST/R BBS?

umturne4@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Daryl Turner) (09/21/90)

I got the ST/R BBS program for a friend of mine off of one of the FTP
sites, and he was wondering if there were any more on-line games available
for it, and if so, where might they be found?

     Daryl Turner
      <umturne4@ccu.umanitoba.ca>

JLB119@psuvm.psu.edu (09/27/90)

   Puh-lease!   I've worked with ST/R and it's a worthless piece of...well,
you get the idea.   If you want a GOOD BBS, get Color 64 or, if you can find
it, DeadLock BBS Construction Kit.    ST/R ranks down there with the All-
American BBS!
   (If you really want a good BBS system, get try to find DeadLock.    That is
one incredible BBS setup!)

umturne4@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Daryl Turner) (09/29/90)

In article <90270.110424JLB119@psuvm.psu.edu> JLB119@psuvm.psu.edu writes:

>   Puh-lease!   I've worked with ST/R and it's a worthless piece of...well,
>you get the idea.   If you want a GOOD BBS, get Color 64 or, if you can find
>it, DeadLock BBS Construction Kit.    ST/R ranks down there with the All-
>American BBS!
>   (If you really want a good BBS system, get try to find DeadLock.    That is
>one incredible BBS setup!)

I have no comment as to how good/bad ST/R is/isn't.  A friend of mine was
looking for a PD BBS program to set up a small board on.  If you check
out the FTP site at Milton, you will find 3 BBS programs...EBBS, AABBS,
and ST/R.  I'll agree about AABBS, as I have never liked it, but it also has
the same "problem" as EBBS, it's not completely free, it's shareware.  I
know that very few people actually send in their money for shareware programs
but s/ware authors will be happy to note that if he was using the program
he does use the program, he feels obligated to send in his money.  I
didn't know if ST/R was PD or shareware, but I did d/load it for him
to evaluate.  He's run into a few snags, but doesn't seem completely
disenchanted yet.  If you know of any other PD or shareware BBS programs
that he might try out, you could either encode it and mail it to me, or
maybe post it on Milton.

    Daryl Turner
     <umturne4@ccu.umanitoba.ca>