[comp.sys.cbm] Commo Word Processing?

jeff@eng.umd.edu (Jeffrey Frey) (09/20/90)

Can anyone tell me how to get GeoWrite to print-out double-spaced?
I'm using a C64 with a Citizen MSP1000 dot-matrix parallel printer
and adapter to the Commodore.

Alternatively, Can anyone tell me where to get (or provide) a simple
word-processing program for the Commodore?  No frills are needed for
the high-schooler who wants to use this; just DOUBLE SPACING, a 12-point
font, and rather primitive capabilities.

Thanks to the net in advance.

Jeff Frey
301-405-3644

gyrflcn@madnix.UUCP (Jason Gorst) (09/26/90)

From article <1990Sep20.141559.24707@eng.umd.edu>, by jeff@eng.umd.edu (Jeffrey Frey):
> Can anyone tell me how to get GeoWrite to print-out double-spaced?
> I'm using a C64 with a Citizen MSP1000 dot-matrix parallel printer
> and adapter to the Commodore.

If you are using a version of GeoWrite v2.0 or higher, you can click on the box labeled "2" under the ruler.  If your GeoWrite is an older version, I think you're out of luck.

> Alternatively, Can anyone tell me where to get (or provide) a simple
> word-processing program for the Commodore?  No frills are needed for
> the high-schooler who wants to use this; just DOUBLE SPACING, a 12-point
> font, and rather primitive capabilities.

A good, reliable word processor that is easy to use and can do double spacing
(though any fonts are dependant on the printer... on an MSP1000, you would only have the normal one and NLQ, in a variety of styles and pitches.  Consult your
manual for the codes needed to access these.) is SpeedScript 3.2 from Compute!  I don't know where you can obtain a copy legally, but someone might.

Gyrfalcon				Jason Gorst
--
UUCP: {harvard|rutgers|ucbvax}!uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!madnix!gyrflcn
                                 {decvax|att}!

hh2x@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (10/03/90)

In article <1572@madnix.UUCP>, gyrflcn@madnix.UUCP (Jason Gorst) writes:
> From article <1990Sep20.141559.24707@eng.umd.edu>, by jeff@eng.umd.edu (Jeffrey Frey):
>> Alternatively, Can anyone tell me where to get (or provide) a simple
>> word-processing program for the Commodore?  No frills are needed for
>> the high-schooler who wants to use this; just DOUBLE SPACING, a 12-point
>> font, and rather primitive capabilities.
>
> A good, reliable word processor that is easy to use and can do double spacing
> (though any fonts are dependant on the printer... on an MSP1000, you would only have the normal one and NLQ, in a variety of styles and pitches.  Consult your
> manual for the codes needed to access these.) is SpeedScript 3.2 from Compute!  I don't know where you can obtain a copy legally, but someone might.
>
> Gyrfalcon				Jason Gorst

Another good WP for the Commodore is The Write Stuff by Busy Bee Software. A
legal copy costs only about $15 from a user group and comes complete with
manuals and a terriffic intuitive spell checker. If you don't know of a group
that sells TWS you can try Meeting 64/128 Users Through the Mail, r1 box 151,
St Joseph IL 61873.

Danish                   Aaron Peromsik