[comp.sys.cbm] 6510 x-assembler

rjh00311@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (10/04/90)

Does anyone know if/where I can get ahold of a 65XX cross-assembler to
run on IBM-type machines?  I'm doing a lab project using the Commodore
SID chip and a 6502 microprocessor, but of course the EPROM burners are
hooked up to an IBM-compatible.  If I can't find a cross-assembler, I
will probably have to assemble on the lab's C64, then send the listing
across to the IBM, then edit and reassemble as HEX data bytes or something
like that...probably fairly messy.  A cross-assembler would really help.

					Thanks in advance,

					Brother Maynard
					r-hoogland@uiuc.edu

("Of course...the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch!  'Tis one of the sacred
relics  Brother Maynard carries with him.")

scott@max.u.washington.edu (10/05/90)

In article <46400048@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu>, rjh00311@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
> Does anyone know if/where I can get ahold of a 65XX cross-assembler to
> run on IBM-type machines?  I'm doing a lab project using the Commodore
> SID chip and a 6502 microprocessor, but of course the EPROM burners are
> hooked up to an IBM-compatible.  If I can't find a cross-assembler, I
> will probably have to assemble on the lab's C64, then send the listing
> across to the IBM, then edit and reassemble as HEX data bytes or something
> like that...probably fairly messy.  A cross-assembler would really help.
>
>                                       Thanks in advance,
>                                       Brother Maynard

Your in luck...there is a 6510 cross-assembler for the IBM, and you
can get it from Milton FTP-site. Look in the following subdirectory:
"public/download/c64/misc"

Sincerely,
Scott K. Stephen

janh@hplsla.HP.COM (Jan Hofland) (10/08/90)

There's a shareware product called TASM that includes an assembler for the
6502, among other 8 bit processors.  It should work fine for you.  It's
available on many of the bulletin boards, on Simtel, and from several of the
public domain/shareware disk mail order services.

REgards,

Jan Hofland