[comp.sys.cbm] books on 6502

smith1@uicbert.eecs.uic.edu (Ross Smith) (10/12/90)

Does anyone have any references or books they'd like to sell?
Contact
smith1@uicbert.eecs.uic.edu

Does anyone have any references or books they'd like to sell?
Contact
smith1@uicbert.eecs.uic.edu

Does anyone have any references or books they'd like to sell?
Contact
smith1@uicbert.eecs.uic.edu

CTuna@cup.portal.com (Image - BBS) (10/12/90)

For the Commodore 64 and/or 128, I recommend the "Machine Language for
the Commodore 64 and 128" By Jim Butterfield. Excellent examples for about
any routine that you would want to use.

kehoe@scotty.dccs.upenn.edu (Brendan Kehoe) (10/15/90)

In <34769@cup.portal.com>, CTuna@cup.portal.com writes:
>For the Commodore 64 and/or 128, I recommend the "Machine Language for
>the Commodore 64 and 128" By Jim Butterfield. Excellent examples for about
>any routine that you would want to use.

 I have to agree, and take this opportunity to again edify a book that
is, in my opinion, one of the best ways to learn proper programming
I've seen.
 I started out on a 64 in Basic, graduated to ML on it, then jumped to
the 128 and went hog-wild with my own hand-hacked version of Lads.
(Tho I still thank the guy who introduced me to Merlin on the 64.)
 Since then, I've been able to absorb programming languages like a
sponge, because of the excellent foundation that Mr. Butterfield's
book gave me. I picked up Vax Macro so fast I nearly fell over
backward.
 If you're at all interested in learning machine language, but have
been intimidated, get this book!

--
Brendan Kehoe | Soon: brendan@cs.widener.edu [ Oct 16 they say; tune in & see ]
 For now: kehoe@scotty.dccs.upenn.edu | Also: brendan.kehoe@cyber.widener.edu