[comp.sys.cbm] Super SnapShot Again

srmal@cbnewsj.att.com (s.r.maliszewski) (10/31/90)

I posted this awhile back and received no responces. I don't
think it got through. I need an answer to this
problem. So here it is again..

I have seen several articles about Super Snapshot  and how
great it works but I have not see this problem mentioned any where.
I have SS V5.2? with the 32K Cartridge RAM included. I use the
SS with my C128 (64K Video RAM included) to make back ups.
I was having problems when I use the disk copier option
with C128 Video RAM and/or Cartridge RAM enabled. The copy seems to be
corrupted. If I copy the disk with out the added RAM enabled, the copy
appears OK.
Since I purchased the SS from Software Support International, I sent
it back. It has been more than 2 months. They tell me that the problem
is in Super Snapshot and that they (SSI) are waiting for a fix
from LMS Tech.
Is this a bunch-of-bull or is there really a problem with the firmware
because I have not seen this mentioned in the Northern Connection
BBS? I have seem other problems but not this one.
If anyone has seen this problem, I would appreciate some
information.

Thanks,
Steve M (attmail!stephenm)

leblanc@eecg.toronto.edu (Marcel LeBlanc) (11/01/90)

srmal@cbnewsj.att.com (s.r.maliszewski) writes:
>I posted this awhile back and received no responces. I don't
>think it got through. I need an answer to this
>problem. So here it is again..

Hmmm..  Well, I sent you a response (a couple actually), but I guess they
didn't make it to you.  attmail!stephenm didn't bounce, it must have been
eaten somewhere.  Guess I'll have to post my reply.

>I have seen several articles about Super Snapshot  and how
>great it works but I have not see this problem mentioned any where.
>I have SS V5.2? with the 32K Cartridge RAM included. I use the
>SS with my C128 (64K Video RAM included) to make back ups.
>I was having problems when I use the disk copier option
>with C128 Video RAM and/or Cartridge RAM enabled. The copy seems to be
>corrupted. If I copy the disk with out the added RAM enabled, the copy
>appears OK.

Interesting...  I'll try this for myself within the next few days.  I
remember going to great pains to make sure that buffer switching worked
flawlessly in the FILE COPIER, but it's possible that something could have
slipped by in the DISK COPIER since the buffer routines are much simpler.
The disk copier has also been tested extensively (and precisely for the sort
of problem you describe), but I'll test it again.  If I can't find any
problems, could you send me a copy of a disk that gives you trouble?

>Since I purchased the SS from Software Support International, I sent
>it back. It has been more than 2 months. They tell me that the problem
>is in Super Snapshot and that they (SSI) are waiting for a fix
>from LMS Tech.
I haven't heard anything about it.

>Is this a bunch-of-bull or is there really a problem with the firmware
>because I have not seen this mentioned in the Northern Connection
>BBS? I have seem other problems but not this one.
>If anyone has seen this problem, I would appreciate some
>information.
Let me try this for myself, then I can give you a better answer.

>Thanks,
>Steve M (attmail!stephenm)

Marcel A. LeBlanc  --  Electrical Eng. Computer Group, Univ. of Toronto
leblanc@eecg.toronto.edu		else: uunet!utcsri!eecg!leblanc