[comp.sys.cbm] Punter

dksnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu (Dino Khoe) (03/07/90)

Does anyone know how to get in contact with Steve Punter?  Also, does
anyone know what the Punter protocol is written in originally?

Dino Khoe 	 		 |	|   | /  \  /\ |/     Any system
dksnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu 		 |	|---||____||   |\     can be
New Mexico Tech Computer Science |	|   ||    | \/ | \    cracked...

jgreco@archimedes.math.uwm.edu (Joe Greco) (03/08/90)

In article <3906@nmtsun.nmt.edu> dksnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu (Dino Khoe) writes:
>Does anyone know how to get in contact with Steve Punter?  Also, does
>anyone know what the Punter protocol is written in originally?

Tried his BBS?  As memory serves, the number is 416/896-1446 (Canadian).

Otherwise try sending a message via PunterNet to "1/Steve Punter" (and if you
don't know what PunterNet is, you don't need to worry about it).

Punter was originally written in assembly, of course (C2)... earlier parts of
it were BASIC.  Blech.

... Joe

geoffw@xenitec.on.ca (Geoffrey Welsh) (03/08/90)

In article <3906@nmtsun.nmt.edu> dksnsr@nmtsun.nmt.edu (Dino Khoe) writes:
>Does anyone know how to get in contact with Steve Punter?

   I can think of *possible* ways to reach him via UUCP/Internet, but none
are reliable. He operates a BBS during non-business hours (6PM - 10AM
weekdays, 24h weekends & holidays) at (416) 896-1446. He can be reached
voice at that number between noon and 5PM business days.

   Those times are Eastern time zone, btw.

>Also, does anyone know what the Punter protocol is written in originally?

   I presume you're talking about the C1 protocol, dubbed the "new Punter"
protocol by some. It was written in 6502 assembler. What else?

   I have a copy of the source, if you want it (it's PD).

   Geoff

UUCP:     watmath!xenitec!zswamp!root | 602-66 Mooregate Crescent
Internet: root@zswamp.fidonet.org     | Kitchener, Ontario
FidoNet:  SYSOP, 1:221/171            | N2M 5E6 CANADA
Data:     (519) 742-8939              | (519) 741-9553
My comments do not represent and should not obligate anyone but myself.

shikascs@clutx.clarkson.edu (Glo) (11/07/90)

To those interested, setup a directory at clutx.clarkson.edu (128.153.4.3)
/pub/PunterProject containing file(s) on how to implement Punter Protocol.
I am hopeing that a friend and I can implement Punter on UNIX.

Chris Shikashio

Addr: shikascs@clutx.clarkson.edu

treesh@vangogh.helios.nd.edu (11/12/90)

Interested??  VERY!  Punter on the unix system would be very usefull.  If I
can be of any help at all, just mail me.  I know quite a bit about how the
mutli-file transfer (batch) punter system is inplimented on some software.

ctfm