[comp.sys.cbm] Unix for the C128

digdon@ug.cs.dal.ca (MYSTERY BYTE) (11/13/90)

Last year, someone wrote a unix program for the 128. Does anyone know where
that program might  (as in an ftp site).. I would like to get a copy of it..
Thanx in advance..

n8941063@unicorn.wwu.edu (stevens charles a) (11/14/90)

In article <1990Nov12.174101.26298@cs.dal.ca> digdon@ug.cs.dal.ca (MYSTERY BYTE) writes:
>Last year, someone wrote a unix program for the 128. Does anyone know where
>that program might  (as in an ftp site).. I would like to get a copy of it..
>Thanx in advance..

       Try milton.u.washington.edu, anonymous ftp.  Go to directory
/public/download/c128/unix/, and there you are!

                                    ...Chaz...

brm@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Brian R. Murphy) (11/14/90)

In article <1990Nov12.174101.26298@cs.dal.ca> digdon@ug.cs.dal.ca (MYSTERY BYTE) writes:
>Last year, someone wrote a unix program for the 128. Does anyone know where
>that program might  (as in an ftp site).. I would like to get a copy of it..
>Thanx in advance..

What exactly does this program do?  Does it provide unix-like system
calls of some sort?  I have a copy on-line that I ftp'ed from
somewhere, but before I clog up my phone for a few hours downloading
it, I'd like to know if it's worthwhile.  The readme file that came
with it seems to suggest that it's just a unix-like shell and a few
unix utilities.  Is that so?

					-Brian