[comp.sys.cbm] Help with VAX to C128 FTP's

grx0644@uoft02.utoledo.edu (11/14/90)

I have a problem with file transfers from our VAX to my C128. I am using a
vt100 program that only has xmodem (v3.5 I believe) and our system has xmodem
version 2.4 and our operator has no intention of ever updating  xmodem.  They
have kermit and I hate kermit 2.2 (spoiled I guess).  Does anyone have a xmodem
source for the vax that is copatable with V3.5 of xmodem??/ or does any one
have the specifications for xmodem.  Or for that matter, I could use any ftp
for the vax because I could get a copy of desterm 2.00 (and register with the
author) and I am told they have many other ftp's......

Anyone able to help??

Thanks

Tony

In article <1990Nov13.131326.2224@uoft02.utoledo.edu>, grx0644@uoft02.utoledo.edu writes:
> I have a problem with file transfers from our VAX to my C128. I am using a
> vt100 program that only has xmodem (v3.5 I believe) and our system has xmodem
> version 2.4 and our operator has no intention of ever updating  xmodem.  They
> have kermit and I hate kermit 2.2 (spoiled I guess).  Does anyone have a xmodem
> source for the vax that is copatable with V3.5 of xmodem??/ or does any one
> have the specifications for xmodem.  Or for that matter, I could use any ftp
> for the vax because I could get a copy of desterm 2.00 (and register with the
> author) and I am told they have many other ftp's......

I did not mention that the xmodem 2.4 and my xmodem 3.5  are not compatable, at
least on our vax.... sorry for any confusion I may have created.

Tony

83882319@ucs.uwplatt.edu (Doctor WHO) (11/18/90)

In article <1990Nov13.131326.2224@uoft02.utoledo.edu>, grx0644@uoft02.utoledo.edu writes:
> I have a problem with file transfers from our VAX to my C128. I am using a
> vt100 program that only has xmodem (v3.5 I believe) and our system has xmodem
> version 2.4 and our operator has no intention of ever updating  xmodem.  They
> have kermit and I hate kermit 2.2 (spoiled I guess).  Does anyone have a xmodem
> source for the vax that is copatable with V3.5 of xmodem??/ or does any one
> have the specifications for xmodem.  Or for that matter, I could use any ftp
> for the vax because I could get a copy of desterm 2.00 (and register with the
> author) and I am told they have many other ftp's......
>
> Anyone able to help??
>
> Thanks
>
> Tony

Our VAX has Xmodem 5.4.  Someone here modified it somewhat and called it
version 5.4.3.  I can either send you the source (which is actually a couple of
files as there is the Fortran source, and include file, and a few other
associated files) or I could just uuencode the .exe file and ship it.  And
since we're both on a VAX I may be able to just ship you the .exe without
uuencoding it via SEND/FILE/VMSDUMP.  Let me know what you want.  By the way,
the 5.4.3 version is much better than 5.4, especially if you are using it for
Commodore transfers.  I can get the source for either.

                                  Doctor WHO

                                  (Cory Hug)

                          83882319@UWPLATT - Bitnet

                     83882319@UCS.UWPLATT.EDU - Internet