[comp.sys.cbm] GG Graphic files

atz@clmqt.marquette.Mi.US (Jeff) (11/21/90)

I have heard about graphic pictures for the C-64 which I believe are
called 'GG' files.  I would be interested in knowing about these,
and what is required to view them.  I have a couple myself, but do
not know how to view them.

Any email would be appreciated.

Art
--
    \____________________    ///   //////  /////  _____________________/
   \__ The Enterprise __/  // //    //    ,.-'~   \___space for rent ___/

cs4344af@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Fuzzy Fox) (11/22/90)

In article <1990Nov21.044625.7660@clmqt.marquette.Mi.US> atz@clmqt.marquette.Mi.US (Jeff) writes:

>I have heard about graphic pictures for the C-64 which I believe are
>called 'GG' files.  I would be interested in knowing about these,
>and what is required to view them.  I have a couple myself, but do
>not know how to view them.

GG files are so named because they always start with the letters "GG" in
the filename.  The file format is better known as 'compresed Koala'
format.  That is, the format is the same as that used by Koala Paint,
but it has been run-length encoded, usually giving a 50% reduction in
file size.

There are several programs on Quantum Link for viewing and converting
these files; I recommend a program called 'AutoGraph', mostly because I
wrote it.

If you are not on Q-Link, let me know where I should FTP the file to,
and you can get it that way.   The program is freeware.

					Fuzzy Fox