[comp.sys.cbm] Including other people's text

cs4344af@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Fuzzy Fox) (12/13/90)

In article <36825@cup.portal.com> CTuna@cup.portal.com (Image - BBS) writes:
>Dumb question, by the way, I just started using the network features
>here, and have no idea how to show which message you are responding to.
>Seeing the headers on responses makes me sure that there is a command of
>some sort to enter the original post header, etc..  could someone tell
>me how to do this?

It depends on what program you use to read news.  I use "rn" on my
system, and if you reply to an article by typing Shift-F, it will
include the article in your reply, set off by ">" characters.  Note that
you really should delete the non-relevant portions of the quoted text.

If this doesn't work for you, you should ask the question in the new
users' newsgroup, "news.groups.newusers".