[comp.sys.cbm] Other Strange Commodore Hardware

stigall@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (john stigall) (12/06/90)

Anybody out there have a Commodore calculator that they would like to
part with, or any history of the calculator line? I remember one model
with the "chicken head" on it (I think). Small, 4 banger type?

          John Stigall - Indiana University Computing Services Network
	  750 N. State Rd. 46 Bypass, Bloomington, Indiana 47405
             (812)855-6646            stigall@ucs.indiana.edu

ltf@ncmicro.lonestar.org (Lance Franklin) (12/06/90)

In article <76657@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> stigall@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (john stigall) writes:
}Anybody out there have a Commodore calculator that they would like to
}part with, or any history of the calculator line? I remember one model
}with the "chicken head" on it (I think). Small, 4 banger type?

Yup, I got one, the Minuteman * 3M.  Pretty much a standard 4 banger
with memory and percent key as well.

And yup, it has the chickenhead as well.  Still works with the AC
adapter, but the rechargable batteries need replacing...how much you
offering?  :-)

Lance

--
Lance T. Franklin            +----------------------------------------------+
(ltf@ncmicro.lonestar.org)   | "You want I should bop you with this here    |

root@zswamp.fidonet.org (Geoffrey Welsh) (12/13/90)

 >From: stigall@silver.ucs.indiana.edu

 >Anybody out there have a Commodore calculator that they would like to
 >part with, or any history of the calculator line? I remember one
 >model with the "chicken head" on it (I think). Small, 4 banger type?

   I have, over the years, owned two Commodore calculators. The first, bought
around '77, was a five function (basic four plus square root). The second was
a scientific. Both were outrageously cheap for their time.

--
UUCP:     watmath!xenitec!zswamp!root | 602-66 Mooregate Crescent
Internet: root@zswamp.fidonet.org     | Kitchener, Ontario
Data:     (519) 742-8939              | (519) 741-9553
MC Hammer, n. Device used to ensure firm seating of MicroChannel boards
Try our new Molson 'C' compiler... it specializes in 'case' statements!