[comp.sys.cbm] Help needed on CBM D9090 Hard disk and SFD1001 drives...

dinn@ug.cs.dal.ca (Michael Dinn) (12/14/90)

I'm looking for any information on the D9090 hard disk by Commodore (it was
for the PET, it's archaic, but it was cheap...) and the SFD1001 drives also
by Commodore. The D9090 has a 7.5 meg capacity, the SFD has a 1 meg/disk
capacity. That's about all I know...  :-)

 Any other info? They work great with my C64 and G-Link...

--
 Michael Dinn, Sysop of the Moose's Swamp - Nova Scotia's largest Amiga BBS
 +1 (902) 463-0483, 3/12/24/48/96/14,400 baud * 170 Megabytes online

Geoffrey.Welsh@p0.f171.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Geoffrey Welsh) (12/18/90)

Michael Dinn (dinn@ug.cs.dal.ca ) wrote:

 >I'm looking for any information on the D9090 hard disk by Commodore
 >(it was
 >for the PET, it's archaic, but it was cheap...) and the SFD1001
 >drives also
 >by Commodore. The D9090 has a 7.5 meg capacity, the SFD has a 1
 >meg/disk
 >capacity. That's about all I know...  :-)

   I can probably remember more than I could write here without being flamed,
and I have yet more info on paper.

   What would you like to know?

--
Geoffrey Welsh - via FidoNet node 1:221/171
UUCP    : watmath!xenitec!zswamp!171.0!Geoffrey.Welsh

treesh@vangogh.helios.nd.edu (12/20/90)

I have collected a pretty good amount of info on both of these drives,
mail me for details.  Im intrested in sharing info with you.

On the subject of the 9090 drive, has anyone successfully been able to
format past the 7.5 meg limit yet?  I can format just about any hard drive
with that tandon/omti controller configuration, but only out to 5 or 7.5
megs no matter how big the winchester.  Anyone know what address in rom,
and what rom chip the drive table is in?   Any killer programmers out
there that may have written a dos patch that sits in one of the data
buffers of drive ram that allows for more then 7 megs?   Im a pretty good
programmer of 6502, and am expirenced in working with ML programming
commdore disk units.  All I need is a rom guide!  Anyone who can help?

Come on!  Lets put CMD outa business!! <GRIN>

PS - Anyone who has ever seen a CMD hard disk in action will notice the
LED's on it act EXACTLLY the same as the 9090 drive.  I think someone
must have figured this out, just is not talking!

ctfm