[comp.sys.cbm] Action Replay v5.0

joystyk@clmqt.marquette.Mi.US (Joystyk) (12/22/90)

I have recently purchased the Action Replay cartridge v5.2 (I ordered 5.0
and got 5.2, I'm not complaining!)
 When it got here, I noticed that the package it came in had the cartridge
indentation and another, which was empty.. it looked approximately the size
of a 3 1/2 inch disk... would this be just a premade package for different
products?  I am wondering.

As to the cartridge, I am so far pleased with it, however, some things do
not work quite as well as I expected... the cartridge takes a 70 block
file, and to change it to Warp25 it changed it to 200+ blocks...

But the speed is okay, probably not quite 25 times, but...

Anyone else who may have one, is there a way to get a sector editor
function on the ARv5.2?

--
joystyk@clmqt.marquette.Mi.US / Luposlipaphobia:  the fear of being pursued
Trebor Sux   CBM rules       /  by timber wolves around a kitchen table

cs4344af@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Fuzzy Fox) (12/23/90)

In article <1990Dec22.023311.17213@clmqt.marquette.Mi.US> joystyk@clmqt.marquette.Mi.US (Joystyk) writes:
>As to the cartridge, I am so far pleased with it, however, some things do
>not work quite as well as I expected... the cartridge takes a 70 block
>file, and to change it to Warp25 it changed it to 200+ blocks...

A Warp25 file should not be that large...you must have done something
wrong.  Warp25 files should end up 6% larger than the original file
(approximately).  And they load pretty darn near 25x the speed of an
unmodified 1541 with no fastloader.  Of course, that's like saying a
leerjet is faster than a snail.  Warp25 usually runs about 5x faster
than most "normal" fast loaders.

Here's a non-objective comparison:

	Normal 1541			1x - Base speed of measure.
	Epyx FastLoad			5x faster.
	JiffyDOS			5-15x faster.
	Action Replay			5-7x faster.
	Super Snapshot			7-10x faster.
	Vorpal / Warp25 / Turbo*25	25x faster.
	RapiDOS Pro			Incredible, but who can afford it?

--
begin 644 .signature
G5&AI<R!S<&%C92!I;G1E;G1I;VYA;&QY(&QE9G0@8FQA;FLN#0H:

end