[comp.sys.cbm] 1750 REU

kv2@prism.gatech.EDU (VAUGHN KEITH DAVIS) (01/08/91)

I looking to buy a 1750 REU. Are they still available.
Where is a good place to buy?

Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks

--
VAUGHN,KEITH D
uucp:     ...!{allegra,amd,hplabs,ut-ngp}!gatech!prism!kv2

rknop@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Robert Andrew Knop) (01/08/91)

kv2@prism.gatech.EDU (VAUGHN KEITH DAVIS) writes:

>I looking to buy a 1750 REU. Are they still available.
>Where is a good place to buy?

If you can actually find an original 1750 REU, I will be very impressed
(unless you happen to have a friend who is about to get rid of his
Commodore).  However, from Software Support International or Tenex you can
get what is called the "1750 clone."  This is functionally equivalent to
a 1750.

-Rob Knop
rknop@gap.cco.caltech.edu

EAO102@psuvm.psu.edu (Ernie Oporto) (01/09/91)

   There is a place that advertises in RUN magazine (DEC issue I think) called
Software Hut that claims to sell original 1750s for a low, low price.  I'm not
sure whether they're refurbished or upgraded 1764s.  Check it out.