[comp.sys.cbm] STAR SG-10C print driver for GEOS?

EAO102@psuvm.psu.edu (Ernie Oporto) (01/11/91)

     I've downloaded the ex800.sda file from Milton successfully and converted
it to a GEOS file with Convert2.5.  I have a Star SG10C.  This printer doesn't
seem to be supported by the Star SG10/15 driver which comes with my GEOS v1.3.
 Does anyone out there have an SG10C who knows what print driver I can use to g
et 80dpi resolution.  I was seriously hoping that this ex800.sda program would
solve my printer resolution problem, but I'm still in the same fix.  Maybe I ne
ed GEOS 2.0?  I hope thats the case.

neusoft@vax1.mankato.msus.edu (01/13/91)

In article <91010.223127EAO102@psuvm.psu.edu>, EAO102@psuvm.psu.edu (Ernie Oporto) writes:

>      I've downloaded the ex800.sda file from Milton successfully and converted
> it to a GEOS file with Convert2.5.  I have a Star SG10C.  This printer doesn't
> seem to be supported by the Star SG10/15 driver which comes with my GEOS v1.3.
>  Does anyone out there have an SG10C who knows what print driver I can use to g
> et 80dpi resolution.  I was seriously hoping that this ex800.sda program would
> solve my printer resolution problem, but I'm still in the same fix.  Maybe I ne
> ed GEOS 2.0?  I hope thats the case.

If I'm not mistaken, the star 'c' series is commodore compatable.  Since all
CBM printers print graphics at 60dpi (unless your using one of the newer models
with a parallel interface), the Star printers probably abide by this same
standard.  Check your owners mannual carefully to see if their is a way to
enter some type of emulation mode (ie:  Epson, Star etc.).  The reason the
print driver doesn't work is probably because your printer is emulating a
commodore printer.  If this is the case, you could also probably use the MPS801
or 1000 driver.  Another possibility is to check if your printer also has a
parallel port.  If so, an interface would *probably* solve the problem, but you
might wanna contact Star or a dealer to be sure.  And while your at it, you
could also ask about emulation modes and/or if a kit is available to make your
printer a standard 'Star 10', but then of course you'll need an interface.

-Mike