[comp.sys.cbm] GeoProgrammer help

mford@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Mark Ford) (01/14/91)

I received the GeoProgrammer patch to allow GeoProgrammer to work on the
C-128.  The patch ran fine as I patched the three files, (on a work disk
of course!)  When I attempted to run GeoAssembler, it gave a system error.
I then copied an unmodified GeoAssembler to another disk, and patched it.
When I ran it, it said something about not being able to install
GeoAssembler.  Then I feared the worst.  I was afraid that I installed
GeoAssembler using Geos-64.  I had.  I even installed the original
GeoProgrammer disk files, (GeoAssembler, GeoLinker, GeoDebugger) with Geos64.

To test this, I copied the original GeoAssembler to another disk, and patched
it.  This time when I ran GeoAssembler it said to reboot the system using the
disk that was used to install it.

I really want to run GeoProgrammer on my C-128.  Of course the serial numbers
for my Geos-128 and Geos-64 are different.

Any clues as to what in the world I should do now?

Thank you.
Mark Ford
mford@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu

rknop@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Robert Andrew Knop) (01/14/91)

mford@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Mark Ford) writes:

>I really want to run GeoProgrammer on my C-128.  Of course the serial numbers
>for my Geos-128 and Geos-64 are different.

I think I may be able to help.  I have geoCalc and geoFile, which I bought
used and were both originally installed under a different kernal than the one
I now use.  I wrote a couple quick programs that temporarily changes the
serial number of the kernal back and forth so that I can use both the new
programs and the old ones.  Mark: I will send you Email with more stuff that
I will need in order to get this running on your system.  Anyone ele
interested: send me Email.

-Rob Knop
rknop@tybalt.caltech.edu