[comp.sys.cbm] SFX?????

EAO102@psuvm.psu.edu (Ernie Oporto) (01/13/91)

     I've downloaded a file with the .sfx suffix attached.  Do I need a decompr
essor that specifically handles .sfx or does it self-decompress like .sda?

cs4344af@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Fuzzy Fox) (01/15/91)

In article <91012.120412EAO102@psuvm.psu.edu> EAO102@psuvm.psu.edu (Ernie Oporto) writes:
>     I've downloaded a file with the .sfx suffix attached.  Do I need a
>decompressor that specifically handles .sfx or does it self-decompress
>like .sda?

An .SFX file is just like an .SDA file.  Just load and run.

The differences are the .SFX files are generally smaller, since they are
created by LHARC on the C128 under CS-DOS (REU required).  Also, .SFX
files can dissolve onto whatever disk/drive you specify, and they can be
dissolved in C64 or C128 mode.  Too bad they require a C128 and REU to
create them, eh?
--
begin 644 .signature
G5&AI<R!S<&%C92!I;G1E;G1I;VYA;&QY(&QE9G0@8FQA;FLN#0H: