[comp.sys.cbm] MSDOS TO 1571 FORMAT ?????

brownal@frith.uucp (Alan W Brown) (01/09/91)

DOES ANYBODY HAVE A PROGRAM TO CONVERT MSDOS FILES TO COMMODORE 1571 FORMAT???

IF SO PLEASE LEAVE MAIL TO:
---------------------------

		brownal@frith.egr.msu.edu

		THANKS!!!
		---------

an207@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (David DeSimone) (01/10/91)

In a previous article, brownal@frith.uucp (Alan W Brown) writes, rather loudly:

>DOES ANYBODY HAVE A PROGRAM TO CONVERT MSDOS FILES TO COMMODORE 1571 FORMAT???

There is an excellent program called The Big Blue Reader which probably
does everything you want.  It will handle ASCII translations, linefeed
addition or removal, and of course it will transfer binary files as
well.  1571 is required.

The program can read, write, and convert between Commodore, MS-DOS, and
C128 CP/M formats.

The program is from:	SOGWAP Software
			115 Bellmont Rd.
			Decatur, IN 46733

			(219) 724-3900

Big Blue Reader (64/128) is $44.95.

--
David DeSimone, aka "Fuzzy Fox" on some networks.          /!/!
INET:    an207@cleveland.freenet.edu                      /  ..

mroussel@alchemy.chem.utoronto.ca (Marc Roussel) (01/11/91)

In article <9101100314.AA17799@cwns16.INS.CWRU.Edu>
an207@cleveland.Freenet.Edu writes:

>In a previous article, brownal@frith.uucp (Alan W Brown) writes, rather loudly:
>>DOES ANYBODY HAVE A PROGRAM TO CONVERT MSDOS FILES TO COMMODORE 1571 FORMAT???
>>
>There is an excellent program called The Big Blue Reader which probably
>does everything you want.  It will handle ASCII translations, linefeed
>addition or removal, and of course it will transfer binary files as
>well.  1571 is required.

Run Magazine also has a program with similar capabilities.

				Marc R. Roussel
                                mroussel@alchemy.chem.utoronto.ca

ns@iddth.id.dk (Nick Sandru (langt haar)) (01/15/91)

an207@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (David DeSimone) writes:

>In a previous article, brownal@frith.uucp (Alan W Brown) writes, rather loudly:
>>
>>DOES ANYBODY HAVE A PROGRAM TO CONVERT MSDOS FILES TO COMMODORE 1571 FORMAT???
>>

>There is an excellent program called The Big Blue Reader which probably
>does everything you want.  It will handle ASCII translations, linefeed
>addition or removal, and of course it will transfer binary files as
>well.  1571 is required.

>The program can read, write, and convert between Commodore, MS-DOS, and
>C128 CP/M formats.

>The program is from:	SOGWAP Software
>			115 Bellmont Rd.
>			Decatur, IN 46733

>			(219) 724-3900

>Big Blue Reader (64/128) is $44.95.

>--
>David DeSimone, aka "Fuzzy Fox" on some networks.          /!/!
>INET:    an207@cleveland.freenet.edu                      /  ..
>Q-Link:  Fuzzy Fox                                        /   --*
>Quote:   "Foxes are people too!  And vice versa."         /  ---

I have this program. It has, however, some bugs - the most annoying one
is that when copying files larger than the meory size (some 200 blocks)
on an MSDOS disk, it "forgets" to write the name of the file in the
directory (the disk needs a treatment by Norton Disk Doctor or another
similar package). Another minus point is that there is no support for
sub-directories.

BBR can only copy files - it does not delete or rename them.

Other programs which can convert between the MSDOS and Commodore
formats:

BDOS - published some time ago in the German magazine 64'er. It copies,
deletes and renames files and supports subdirectories. Can be used with
MSDOS and Commodore disks.

MSDOS Emulator - runs under Commodore 128 CP/M+ and allows the use of
MSDOS diskettes under CP/M. A public domaine version is available.

Long Haired Nick