[comp.sys.cbm] Graphics

CMWOLF@MTUS5.BITNET (01/11/91)

Is there any program out there to convert a bitmap screen to a GIF
file?  I have a great need for this, since most of the graphics machines
and printers on campus can handle this type of file easily (especially
between computers!).

(C)

alex_burger@canrem.uucp (alex burger) (01/13/91)

-> Is there any program out there to convert a bitmap screen to a GIF
-> file?  I have a great need for this, since most of the graphics
-> machines and printers on campus can handle this type of file easily
-> (especially between computers!).

I have a program up here on Canada Remote Systems that will convert GG
files to GIF using the C64, and 2 MHZ mode on a C128 in 64 mode.

The filename is GIFVERT.SDA.  I think Qlink and Compuserve have this
file also.

Alex Burger - Commodore Chairman of CRS ( (416-798-4713)
            - Mac,IBM,CPM,Amiga,Atari ST,C64/128,Apple
--
Canada Remote Systems.  Toronto, Ontario
NorthAmeriNet Host

cs4344af@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Fuzzy Fox) (01/16/91)

In article <91010.125154CMWOLF@MTUS5.BITNET> CMWOLF@MTUS5.BITNET writes:
>Is there any program out there to convert a bitmap screen to a GIF
>file?

There is a program on Quantum Link called GifVert which converts a Koala
(multi-color) picture to GIF format.  It does not convert a Doodle
(hi-res) format, that I can see.  The program is PD.
--
begin 644 .signature
G5&AI<R!S<&%C92!I;G1E;G1I;VYA;&QY(&QE9G0@8FQA;FLN#0H:

end