[comp.sys.cbm] GEOS printer driver

Michelle@cup.portal.com (TRACY M WIRS) (10/31/90)

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE: C64 (THE dinosaur, gents!), 1541, and a Star NX1000C.
I also have GEOS..... 1.2, the upgrade to 1.3 (haven't done that yet), and
2.0.

WHAT I NEED DESPERATELY is the DRIVER for my NX1000C.  It's NOT on my GEOS
2.0 disk, and the NX 10 driver that I'm using now is S L O W whenever I use
ANY fonts.....and normal speed when I use NLQ.  Arg.

Can ANYONE out there help me find/program for me a driver for my nice new
printer?  I want to use GEOS to print up some of my poetry for possible
publication on greeting cards......... and GEOS makes it look not only
legible, but NICE as well. (anyone wanting a sample please Email me in two
weeks.....by then the 'puter should be unpacked!)

ANY input/results will be appreciated!

tmw

EMAIL: either < sun!cup.portal.com!Michelle) or (Michelle@cup.portal.com)

scott@max.u.washington.edu (11/09/90)

In article <35407@cup.portal.com>, Michelle@cup.portal.com (TRACY M WIRS) writes:

> I HAVE: C64 (THE dinosaur, gents!), 1541, and a Star NX1000C.
> I also have GEOS..... 1.2, the upgrade to 1.3 (haven't done that yet), and
> 2.0.
>
> ANY input/results will be appreciated!
>
> tmw

Guess what....
your prayers has been answered.....I cannot only give you nx1000 driver.
I can give you SUPER!!! nx1000 driver ....   :-)

The following is a documentation posted on Q-Link
that explains the full feature of "nx1000super.drv".
After downloading the file to the C64/C128 you need to convert it
into GEOS type in order to use in GEOS. Use "converterX.X" to do this.
The files mentioned above and the EX800 driver mentioned below
are available from Milton-FTP site in "public/download/c64/geos"

Sincerely,
Scott K. Stephen

The following is a documentation for nx1000super driver. A more
lengthy documentation can be found in Milton.

FILE: nx1000superdrv
FROM: Dibief      02/27/89   S#: 82895
SUBJECT: nx1000superdrv

TYPE:          seq
EST. D/L TIME: 300: 01:48 1200: 00:31

This is a driver for the NX-1000 and
family. It is based on several drivers
including EX800V3.3 and NX10NLQV2.1. It
incorporates all of the features of
both and more. It does not use a
dialogue box to prompt you. In stead,
the bell on your printer will ring
twice for each prompt. There are four
prompts:
 1) NLQ type selection or graphics DPI
 2) Page Length
 3) Character Pitch (Pica,Elite, etc.)
 4) Proportional or not.
One major prob: You can not print
geoPaint pictures from deskTop. Locks
up.There are a few minor things which I
know about and don't care but which you
may find annoying, but I'll be out of
room if I list them here.
Anyway, here are your choices:
 At First Prompt
 CR = Courier  or 80 dpi graphics
 1  = Sanserif or 240 dpi enhanced
 2  = Orator w/small caps or
                    80 dpi double pass
 3  = Orator w/lower case or
                   80 dpi double strike
 4  = 72 dpi
 5  = 72 dpi double pass
 6  = 72 dpi double strike.
 (CR always gives you the defualt in
each of the four prompts, so if you
like the defaults, hit return four
times. Double pass prints graphics with
no linefeed; double strike makes a
1/216 linefeed between passes.)
 At Second Prompt
 CR  = 11" paper length
 1   =  1"
 3   =  3"
 4   =  3.5" (done with 21 lines per
page, not by actual inches)
 At Third Prompt
 CR = Pica
 1  = Elite
 2  = Pica Condensed
 3  = Elite Condensed
 At Fourth Prompt
 CR = not-proportional
 1 = proportional spacing

IMBEDDED TEXT COMMANDS (By John
Bendixsen):
C=/ toggles double strike ascii
C=@ toggles underlining
C=* toggles italics

DiBief
Dave Ferguson

                  -::-

wb9omc@dynamo.ecn.purdue.edu (Duane P Mantick) (01/19/91)

Wondered if anyone was aware of a GEOS printer driver for a Diablo 630
printer?  It would proabably be compatible to a driver for a Diablo
1640 or 1650, sometimes is also described as HyType II.

I have a temporary loan of a 630 and thought, what the heck....

Duane